Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Please help-Hyperspin/LEDblinky  (Read 2664 times)

Uncle Monkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2020, 10:16:25 pm
  • P24L
    • Project Thread
Please help-Hyperspin/LEDblinky
« on: May 26, 2012, 05:05:47 pm »
Ok, while configuring my stuff, I have run into a few issues. First my setup.....Windows XP 64 bit with Hyperspin as my FE. I have thus far managed to successfully:

1. Get my layout setup in LEDblinky
2. Create a custom animation for Hyperspin
3. Configure LEDblinky to light up the buttons in use for MAME games and emulators

However I am having the following issues:
1. Hyperspin can't use my U360s to get around the FE. I have read that this is a common issue with Windows XP 64/U360s/HS. I tried using Joy2key, but that made things act flaky in HS. My workaround is to use my player 1-4 coin buttons. Purchased xpadder, and set up a profile to use when hyperspin is active. Works GREAT.
2. When returning to HS, the state of the lights while playing the game is how they are in HS instead of going back to the HS animation. Changing wheels restores the HS animation. :hissy: fixed by creating a batch file and adding a line of code in the .ahk files to run the batch file. UPDATE: animation starts as it should, but stops when you move the wheel.  :banghead:
3. Sometimes, when I return to HS, nothing responds and the only way to fix it is to Alt-Tab out and back in.
4. Sometimes, when selecting a NES game (NEStopia) it flashes on the screen and then back to HS. When this happens, selecting the game again USUALLY fixes it. However, sometimes, you can hear HS in the background playing videos and scrolling the wheel.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:02:40 pm by Uncle Monkey »

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Please help-Hyperspin/LEDblinky
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:01:59 am »
Seem like you're having a number of problems with exiting out of a game and back to HS. If HS does not send the correct command back to LEDBlinky after exiting a game, then that would explain why the LEDs don't return to the HS animation.

If you enable the LEDBlinky Debug.log and Verbose options (on the misc options tab), run HS and reproduce the problem, then email me the debug.zip file, I'll take a look. But if the issue is with your HS/emulator configurations, I can't really help with that - you may want to post on the HS forums.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Uncle Monkey

• Offline Offline
  • P24L
    • Project Thread
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:00:41 pm »
issue #2 has been fixed. solution was to add a line of code to each .ahk that sent the LEDblinky game end command. Full details on the HS forum
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:13:30 pm by Uncle Monkey »

Thaelon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 05, 2012, 05:23:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 04:45:30 pm »
Could you guys provide a little more detail on how to accomplish this?  I think my problem is the same.  Currently, I just have button lit up that actively do something in Hyperspin.  Then when I launch an emulator it lights up the usable buttons for that emulator.  When I exit the emulator the lit up keys remain on the last emulator used until I exit out to the main wheel (not the emulator wheel).  I would like them to switch upon exiting of them emulator.  I have tried inserting that line of code in the hyperlaunch.ahk file, but I may have added it in the wrong place as it just hangs the entire program and I have to hard reset it.  Any step by step guidance you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  I believe this is the same problem only with lit up keys rather than an animation.

Thanks!

Uncle Monkey

• Offline Offline
  • P24L
    • Project Thread
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 09:22:13 am »
Details are located at the link on the HS forum.....