Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Setup Help - No Picture  (Read 2152 times)

cack01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Setup Help - No Picture
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:24:19 am »
Hi Everyone,

I thought I was ready for this but I guess I'm still a newb. :-(

Hardware/software:
- ATI/AMD 4650
- crt_emudriver_9.3_1.2a_x64_multisync
-Win XP 64
- Ultimarc video amp
-Kotek KTM-f33 (KT-3301)
I have no info on this monitor other than it worked using a 4 player Simpsons PCB (Great picture & no issues).  I am assuming it is a generic CGA type monitor. 

Steps so far:

1)installed driver
2)created groovymame ini file
3)ran vmmaker which generated 120 modelines
4) also installed the untimarc switch resolutions utility.

So far I have not been able to get the monitor to show a picture. It turns on and the tube glows a faint orange.  But the screen remains completely black like it is getting no signal. I am really lost.

I have tried multiple resolutions through the arcade OSD and even tried loading the 4p simpsons through groovymame.  Nothing happens.  I have noticed that the majority of resolutions in the arcade OSD are progressive.  I am not sure if this is correct.  Switching resolutions utility shows numerous resolutions at 16 bit.  None of them work when I try to display the desktop in the available resolutions.

In both the mame.ini and the vmmaker.ini I have "CGA" put as the type of monitor.  Originally I had "Generic" put in the vmmaker.ini and then realized CGA was still an option.

I am also attaching simpsons.txt for more info.

Thank you very much for all your help.  I am so close to being done with my mame cabinet.  I just need this monitor to show a freaking picture.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: Setup Help - No Picture
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 04:10:37 am »
Hi cack01,

You probably need to use the other output. If you're using the VGA, try changing it to DVI with DVI-VGA adapter.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

cack01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Setup Help - No Picture
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 08:17:56 pm »
Sorry it took me a while to reply.  I had an issue pop up.  I should have known better as I have seen you tell people that all the time. Anyway...

I now get a picture but it is green with lines.  See attached.  Any idea what is causing this?  Does this look like a hardware of software issue to you?