Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What annoys Star Wars fans?  (Read 17514 times)

trekking95

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2013, 06:46:44 pm
Re: What annoys Star Wars fans?
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2012, 07:04:44 pm »
But besides having nothing to do with why you got rid of the Pez dispensers (if you would rather not say that's fine, but my comment about your wife making you do it is a joke anyway), why bother telling people about living in sin?

The relevance is that if my wife were inclined to and able to make me get rid of my Pez Dispenser collection, it is unlikely that it would take her thirteen years to do so. The relevance of living in sin is that while we have technically been married for ten years, we've effectively been married for thirteen.

Here's the thread in which I discuss selling my collection.
Technicalities are everything you know.  :) But why would someone who did it refer to it as "living in sin"? You couldn't have though it was sin or you likely wouldn't have done it. I guess it's just strange wording on your part.

And that was a impressive Pez collection you had there, too bad you sold it now. It would have been worth more later on, or you could have passed it along to your kids (if/when you have any).
"Do or do not, there is no try"- Yoda

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »
Your criticism is interesting. I too lived in sin and commonly used the term because it conveys our living arrangement while also conveying disdain for your narrow minded western concepts of morality as they relate to the opposite sex.

Why would his daughter want a Pez collection that doesn't mean anything to her father?  Also, most people collect for the pleasure of collecting rather financial gain.

trekking95

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2012, 09:40:13 pm »
Your criticism is interesting. I too lived in sin and commonly used the term because it conveys our living arrangement while also conveying disdain for your narrow minded western concepts of morality as they relate to the opposite sex.

Why would his daughter want a Pez collection that doesn't mean anything to her father?  Also, most people collect for the pleasure of collecting rather financial gain.
It's not criticism, but for someone who does "live in sin" to call it one of the worse names makes no sense. Like if you lived in a house full of garbage. You could say "I just keep everything" or "I live in a pile of crap". You wouldn't call it the second one as it would make you feel like you are doing something wrong.

And how do I know he has a daughter?

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2016, 06:50:42 pm
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »
Maybe we had more to bargain with   :P
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2012, 10:37:47 pm »

It's not criticism, but for someone who does "live in sin" to call it one of the worse names makes no sense. Like if you lived in a house full of garbage. You could say "I just keep everything" or "I live in a pile of crap". You wouldn't call it the second one as it would make you feel like you are doing something wrong.

I always do some amount of background reading about anyone that I'm going to call out for a turn of phrase, with Shmokes there is a prodigious amount available. You can glean a lot, just like I have gleaned that you enjoy being from Canukistan, have a certain amount of righteous pride in your chosen faith, and play with dolls. 

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of that except the last part.   >:D

trekking95

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2012, 12:24:54 am »

I always do some amount of background reading about anyone that I'm going to call out for a turn of phrase, with Shmokes there is a prodigious amount available. You can glean a lot, just like I have gleaned that you enjoy being from Canukistan, have a certain amount of righteous pride in your chosen faith, and play with dolls. 

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of that except the last part.   >:D
So you're saying Shmokes did poorly word it?
And thanks for saying that there is noting wrong with the other two, they both came up in some forum once and I had to leave before they ran me off. But it was a known troll forum anyway so I took my chances.  *facepalm*
It's nice when members can get along even though they have different views on stuff, it's not common enough.  :)

shmokes

• Just think of all the suffering in this world that could have been avoided had I just been a little better informed. :)
  • Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2012, 12:32:46 am »
I too lived in sin and commonly used the term because it conveys our living arrangement while also conveying disdain for . . . narrow minded . . . concepts of morality

Read it over and over again.

Also: irony, irreverence, and general hilarity.
Check out my website for in-depth reviews of children's books, games, and educational apps for the iPad:

Best Kid iPad Apps

trekking95

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2012, 12:49:26 am »
I too lived in sin and commonly used the term because it conveys our living arrangement while also conveying disdain for . . . narrow minded . . . concepts of morality

Read it over and over again.

Also: irony, irreverence, and general hilarity.
I never said that was anything wrong with it, I just thought the wording you used was weird.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:29:04 am by trekking95 »

shmokes

• Offline Offline
  • Don't tread on me.
    • Jake Moses
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2012, 07:56:59 am »
It's our wording that we are attempting to explain to you. I'm not trying to justify all the awesome premarital sex I had. Le Chuck and I are telling you why we refer to it as "living in sin". My last post, including the quote from Le Chuck, captures it pretty well in very few words.

Best Kid iPad Apps

trekking95

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2012, 08:53:00 pm »
No comment on that first bit.