Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Cabrio FE Platform Images  (Read 5448 times)

codefenix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2013, 10:53:44 am
    • My MAME Cabinet Build
[SOLVED] Cabrio FE Platform Images
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:01:24 pm »
This is a long shot, but does anyone know how to get the platform images to show up in Cabrio FE?  I downloaded the images offered on Cabrio's Artwork page (http://www.cabrio-fe.org/artwork/), but I cannot figure out how to get them to show up.  It's not mentioned in the documentation.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:07:51 pm by codefenix »

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
Re: Cabrio FE Platform Images
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:50:17 am »
I'm not really sure man. But quick question, how did you get Cabrio to install/run? I can never get it to install :( Don't mean to hijack your thread btw this is just really been bugging me and the dev wasn't any help.

codefenix

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Cabinet Build
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:38:12 am »
It's ok.  Although I wish you had an answer for my question!   :hissy:

I managed to install successfully by modifying the includes in the source file headers.  You'll see which ones you need to fix when you try to build and it fails.  This is supposedly fixed in the last update though.  Did you try installing the DEB package?

And I feel your pain about the lack of support.  I don't mean to speak poorly about the developer, as what he has accomplished with Cabrio is very impressive.  But the last time I reached out to him to ask questions, he responded saying that the frontend basically does what he wants and he has no plans to put much else into it.  This apparently includes documentation and support.

I guess I'll stick with Wah!Cade until this gets resolved.  Wish Linux had more actively supported frontend options.   ::)

Hunk_4TH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm
  • I DON'T ALLOW VANDALISM IN MY STOOOOOOOOOOORE!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:54:32 am »
Sorry for the late reply. And sorry for not having a answer to your original question :( I have tried installing it via deb with no luck. I pretty much gave up. It does suck that Linux users don't get the frontend love that Windows users get. I would love to switch to Linux but things like this just keep me in Windows. Anyway that reply sounds kind of ---smurfy--- (not yours but the dev's)

*Edit* I like Wahcade myself but we gotta be honest it's look is so outdated :(

codefenix

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Cabinet Build
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 11:30:56 am »
*Edit* I like Wahcade myself but we gotta be honest it's look is so outdated :(

I wouldn't say that.  It has everything Mala has except for sound effects, and Mala is regarded as one of the better frontends.  I've seen some creative use of Wahcade's Layout Editor.  Check the Wah!Ki page for ideas when you get a chance:

Layout Editor:Layering & Transparency

codefenix

• Offline Offline
    • My MAME Cabinet Build
[Solved] Cabrio FE Platform Images
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 05:06:59 pm »
There's a development board for Cabrio FE now, which just opened within the last few months (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cabrio-fe-dev).  I asked my question there, and got a polite response.  The following needs to be added to the locations node in the config.xml in order for the platform images to show up:

Code: [Select]
    <location>
      <type>platform</type>
      <directory>/path/to/platform_images</directory>
    </location>

Now it's working, and looks great.  Hopefully this helps someone else.

Hunk, I suggest you take your question about compiling to the development forum.  They might be able to help you out, too.