Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AdvanceMame Help With Oddball SIS Chipset  (Read 1017 times)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 10:19:10 pm
AdvanceMame Help With Oddball SIS Chipset
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »
alright so i was given a POS (Point Of Sales) unit the other day. I upgraded the little guy to winxp, pentium 3 and added more ram. runs mame 0.106 just fine.

I decided to run advancemame and advancemenu in order to eventually use this as a cab machine. Unfortunately I'm having some major issues with advancemame. I would use normal mame with another frontend but the other frontends seem to take up way too much resources on this unit.

Anyway here are the specs of the unit

pentium 3 1ghz
512mb ram
40gb drive

I cannot seem to get advcfg to begin the monitor calibration tools at all. when i do try i get the following error message: "No text modes are available for your hardware. "

Is there any way i can generate the numbers on my own or somehow borrow simillar numbers from someone elses rc file using a standard pc monitor? the unit is an all in one style pc with a standard 15" lcd hooked up to what looks like a sis 630 chipset lvds module. It only supports 800x600 and 1024x768 32bit color at 60hz.

I am able to get advancemenu running however it is way off center and whenever i select a game i get the following message from advancemame "error process exited with status 1"

any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:21:01 pm by 404 »

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
Re: AdvanceMame Help With Oddball SIS Chipset
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:40:59 am »
You can:

- read and read and read the AdvanceMAME files. Reasonable, advised, but mentally challenging.

- you can read the AdvanceMENU file and see how to use baseline MAME with it.  Very easy.
-Banned-