Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My Rescue Project - Classic to Play Another Day  (Read 2213 times)

csnow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
My Rescue Project - Classic to Play Another Day
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:29:56 pm »
Last weekend, I found an old cabinet sitting in an open air storage bin.  I wasn't too interested because the game was Raiden and the cabinet was a dirty mess.  However, I decided to give it a look over, and I am glad I did.  Turns out this was originally a Ms Pac-Man (solid wood) cabinet.  Picked it up for $20.   :applaud:

It was a mess with multiple, multiple coats of paint from the last 30 years.  I removed the guts onsite and tossed all of it in a local dumpster to make it lighter to load.  Got it home only to realize it was home to a bunch of eight legged big ole brown predators.  Fortunately, I didn't get bit when pulling the monitor and stuff out of the cabinet.  After getting rid of all the criters, I started working on it.  The base was shot since it was particle board, so I replace it with some 3/4 inch pressure treated plywood.  Here are the pics of this little gem after two bottles of citristrip and several hours of sanding.  Tomorrow, I will start fixing the holes, chips, and blemishes with bondo.  In the end, this will be a replacement to my failing Galaga cabinet.

Bottom installed

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:31:55 pm by csnow »

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
Re: My Rescue Project - Classic to Play Another Day
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:25:07 pm »
the game was Raiden...  I removed the guts onsite and tossed all of it in a local dumpster to make it lighter to load...

Please tell me the board/PCB wasn't still in there!   :timebomb:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

csnow

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 10:30:54 am
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:18:14 am »
No, it was gone.  It was just the monitor and transformers in the bottom.

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 08:22:17 am »
Good!  ;D Nice find then!
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

agent_c

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2023, 02:14:47 am
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 10:28:48 am »
the game was Raiden...  I removed the guts onsite and tossed all of it in a local dumpster to make it lighter to load...

That increased heartrate and cold sweat that slowly develops as you realise what you have done or seen escape your grasp in a moment of madness......been there too many times......and by your post "well fed" so have you!

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:45:48 am »
Corvette and a drum set?  Damn, dude.  I bet you've got flush toilets, too.

:cheers:

Don't miss the crew cab truck with lift kit and Rimz either.  Csnow is kicking it on the right side of the tracks, obviously.  Leave the dumpster dives for the other half over here!

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 11:51:01 am »

That increased heartrate and cold sweat that slowly develops as you realise what you have done or seen escape your grasp in a moment of madness......been there too many times......and by your post "well fed" so have you!

Exactly...  ;D "I don't need these wires..." Eventually I realized even "trash" cabs usually had enough stuff still in them to sell and offset the cab cost.

Also, I really like Raiden, and was hoping he still had the board for cheap!  8)