Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ***SOLD*** : *super nice, kickass* Multi-Mortal Kombat Arcade Cabinet  (Read 2525 times)

Savannan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2012, 10:53:06 pm
Selling a *super nice* Multi Mortal Kombat Arcade Cabinet.

I don't want to sell it, but I have to. This may sound odd to some(but for pet owners who care about their pets, this shouldn’t)…but my pooch has been diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and she needs help.  It’s in the early stages still and she needs to have chemotherapy. Chemo is very expensive and it’s not a guarantee that chemo will work but it’s worth a shot.  I was told today by the vet that if a dog has Cancer, Lymphoma cancer is the cancer to have because it’s the most treatable with highest remission rate. I know if I was in her shoes, I would want my master to help me out as much as possible...this is the only reason I'm selling my Multi MK Cab.

I always wanted to have a Mortal Kombat Arcade Cab.  But I also knew I couldn’t stop at just one, I needed the whole set.  I was surfing You Tube watching MK2 videos and came across MK3FAN’s (youarcademksource, yourmameman) You Tube page and was AMAZED that he managed to stuff all the MK PCB’s in one machine. Since then, I knew I had to do it. So the project began….

Anyways.....about the cab.

Cabinet
-------
It stated its life as a MKII cab.  The cab when I picked it up was one of the nicest ones I’ve seen in a long time.  I would rated the cab at a 8.0 or 9.0 easily.  I stripped down the cab to bare wood. Removed a few pieces of wood here and there, bondo'd very small chips in the back corners, sanded and painted the cab black...inside and out...also has new T-molding.  The coin door lights work, but really haven’t messed with the coin mechanics. There are 3 pull out wood shelves that the PCB's are mounted to.

Artwork
-------
No offense to the other Multi-MK machine owners out there, but I, personally think having multiple MK boards in cab with MK1, Mk2, ect.. with original side art is a little cheesy.. It only showcases that game.  Please don't flame me.. it’s just my opinion.  I wanted something better than what everyone else was doing.  I contacted Game on Graphx and countless emails and 4 proofs later, we came up with this side art.  The images are taken from the newest MK console game .  I wanted to showcase 1 character per MK game. Raiden(mk1), Baraka(mk2), Kabal(mk3 and 3.5) and Quan Chi(mk4).  I also wanted to consistency on each side of the artwork.  I have the bad guys on one side and the good on the other.  

Also wanted to change the marquee and the control panel art.  Again its custom work from GoG.  Its hard to notice but the side art blends into the control panel sides very nicely.

Someone on these boards made some character move cards.  I printed them off and taped them to the bezel.  I think that I have everyone from MK3.5 and MK4 around the bezel. My plan was to have GoG make a custom bezel with everyone’s move from all the games...but in the meantime I just printed off the cards.

Controls
--------
Everything in control panel is new. I didn't want to use the multi-color buttons found in stock machines due to it didn't look good with my color theme.  So I picked up some black buttons and some red bat handles. The buttons are the ultimate pushbutton with micro switch from Happ and the sticks are identical as stock(sorry, I forgot which ones.. a plastic square pushes the micro switch).  

Monitor
-------
The monitor is bight and clear.  It's a stock MK2 monitor.  There is a hint of screen burn in, but it is not noticeable...repeat, not noticeable when playing.  You really have to look for it to see it when the monitor is off.  There are controls for the V-Hold, H-Hold, Gamma, ect.. When switching games you have to adjust the screen a little.  Every multi-MK cab that uses a stock monitor has that problem.. don't really know why..(Resolution? Frequency?)

Internals
---------
- I have a 6 in 1 Jamma switcher with remote.  With all the mods to it to run the MK boards.

- Custom made Kick harness for all the MK boards(Thanks to MK3FAN for his YouTube videos)

- 3 Custom Jamma harnesses. Why I say custom? Because the Jamma harnesses that you buy are crap.. missing wires, wire gauge not thick enough to carry current, etc.  I replaced/added wires to make it heavy duty.

Games
-----
I have 4 Out of the 5 Mortal Kombat Pcb's.

MKI - 100% working with sound board and 50k pot. V2.0

MKII - 100% working with sound board - challenger chips(i think..dont quote me thou)

MK3 -  MISSING

MK3.5 - 100% working *****BUT**** if PCB is cold, the graphics are all messed up, but once the PCB has warmed up(about 10-15 mins) the graphics are the way they should be. I was told to look on the PCB for a solder crack but I couldn’t find one. My eyes are not that good anyways.

MK4 - 100% working - v3.0

Other Thoughts
--------------
The only thing that is missing from making this complete is MK 3 and 2 heavy duty jamma harnesses.  That’s it!  I've had nothing but compliments on this machine.  I even received  a email last year from a guy over at IGN who wanted to write up a  article on custom arcade machines, showcasing BBB dedicated MK machine and mine.  But unfortunately my cabinet wasn’t complete.  He told me to get ahold of him when I'm done. Not too sure if he contacted BBB or not.

You can do a search on my username and look at some of my posts.  I’ve have some pics of my progress throughout my build.

Here are some links from BYOAC and You Tube, showing my cab when I picked it up , Pics of my build…and also some trials and tribulations I went thru.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=113320.0

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=115487.0

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=103207.msg1210932#msg1210932

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=103207.msg1210935#msg1210935

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=103207.msg1215505#msg1215505

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=103207.msg1286761#msg1286761

Like I said, the only reason...the ONLY reason I'm selling is that I need to help out my pooch.  If it wasn’t for that I wouldn't even think of selling this cab.

I would like $10,000 for it but I know that will never happen (or will it? .. lol) but I would like to get $1600 or best offer.   That is a VERY good price after seeing CRAP multi-MK’s that go for $2000+.  I have more money into it than what I’m asking…plus countless hours.  You won’t see another MK machine like this for a very long time… If at all.  BadBoyBill has one but its only for the console version of MK(btw, it’s kickass also)

I live in Interlochen, MI,  Only 6 miles from Traverse City.  Will only accept cash and I **WILL NOT** ship.  I have more pics upon request for serious inquires only.  

Thanks,
Jason (aka Savannan)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:30:06 am by Savannan »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
Re: SELLING : *super nice, kickass* Multi-Mortal Kombat Arcade Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:20:49 pm »
is that MK3 not ultimate? willing to sell separate? I have MK1,MKII, UMK3, and dont want MK4 =)
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Savannan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:55:03 am »
Hello,

Sorry, I goofed when writing this. I have MK3.5, not 3.0

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:07:09 pm »
if you get desperate enough to sell for alot cheaper I may be interested and around the area.

not saying it is not worth what you ask it's just that I dont have any interest in that amount for any arcade of any kind is all becuase I dont have that kinda money to spend on something like that.

Savannan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:40:13 pm »
Thanks for the inquiry, I'll keep you in mind.

Savannan

• Offline Offline
Sold to a very nice local couple here in my hometown. Enjoy.  :applaud: