Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: can you use this controller with mixwaver 2  (Read 2461 times)

Shieldwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
can you use this controller with mixwaver 2
« on: October 03, 2003, 11:51:50 pm »
i was looking at the beatmania dj controls and I thought it would be cool to use with mixwaver? Any Ideas on if it would work. I do have the ps2 to usb adapter, but I hate to blow 45-100 dollars on something i can't use

hooded_paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2013, 08:59:01 pm
  • Finch! hahaha
Re:can you use this controller with mixwaver 2
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 10:00:18 pm »
it works all right.  Especially because mixwaver lets you set two buttons as the turntable (on for each direction, when you play on an actual controller)  (actually, I've only hone that with MixWaver 1.  I think it'd be the same with MixWaver 2)

7 key:
The Konami regular iidx controller (you can get one for about $100) and the Arcade-Style (about $600 because there are very limited quantities) work very well (not like Soft-pads for DDR  :P )
do NOT get the double-triangle-shaped controller with small round buttons from RedOctane.  They just aren't acceptable.

5 key:
although I don't really follow these, from what I know the DJ station pro is the only acceptable one.  You're also well off playing 5-key on the 7 key controller, because it does work (there's just an extra 2 keys between the keys and the turntable)

I just ordered a normal konami beatmania iidx controller from someone for $100 (that includes shipping)  It should be here soon.  Although I'm aiming towards a modded PS2 and official beatmania games, I'll play mixwaver till I get enough money.
There is SO a spoon.