Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cant find button for cocktail mode in Mame32  (Read 3055 times)

Tim Folkenson

• Trade Count: (0)
Cant find button for cocktail mode in Mame32
« on: May 16, 2002, 07:31:13 am »
Newbee here.....hope someone can help.

I installed my monitor in my cocktail Cab last night. I hauled the whole mess downstairs  to hook up to my home machine for a little late night Pac Man. I soon realized that there wasn't a check box (or I couldn't find it) to run in cocktail mode. My plan is to run a Dos front end with a P100 and 32 meg and between 50 and 100 games from the 1970's - 1980's.

Here's my questions-

What's the least hassle front end for my task?

Will a diferent front end other than Mame32 give me the option to run in cocktail mode or am I not finding the switch?

Are all games able to be played cocktail or do they need to be designed to run this way?

Dos 6.2 ? 7.x? 8.x????

Do I worry about memory with the old games or will they just run in the first 640k anyway?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

StephenH

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Cant find button for cocktail mode in Mame32
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 11:52:42 pm »
Cocktail mode is enabled in MAME itself inside each game.    Not all games have or support cocktail mode.

There are two ways of enabling cocktail mode, and the way varies from game to game.  

To enable cocktail mode, try the following:

1) Open the game you want to play in MAME, MAMEw, AdvanceMAME, MacMame, or MAME32.

2) Press Tab and choose "Dip Switches", and look for the "Cabinet Type" option and change it to "cocktail".

3) If Step 2 does NOT have a cabinet type option, press F2 and enter "Service Mode".   In the service mode menus, look for an option labeled any of the following (they all mean the same thing), and change it to the opposite setting:

Screen Flip
Cabinet
Cabinet Type
Cocktail Mode
Invert Screen
Switch Sides

Note: If you have not already done so, you'll want to set your default controls for both players to the buttons on your Cab.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »