Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe R87 problem  (Read 2448 times)

Jim L

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2012, 05:50:23 am
Rowe R87 problem
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:04:21 am »
Help! I have a Rowe R87 that I'm just about finished with restoring, but I've encountered a new problem. I have already replaced the main computer module, pricing module, keypad and a few other parts. I just powered it up last night, and it sounds great, but with one problem. When the record is set on the turntable, the tonearm moves in and sets down, but not quite far enough in. It never hits the first groove. Everything plays fine once I lift it up and set it in a little bit. Once done playing the record, then it sits in the last groove and never rejects. The mechanism module is one thing I have not yet replaced. Could this problem be a result of a problem with that module?

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Rowe R87 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:22 am »
Tone arm "lead-in" (set down) and end-of-record cancel adjustments are detailed in your manuals.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 04:24:52 am »
Hi Jim,

Ken is correct you need to check out your manual, the mechanism (Record Changer) adjustments start on page 18 of the manual, I suggest you check each one to see if they are correct, whilst you are doing the sprag adjustment check that there is no damage to the teeth on the sprag whhel and that the stem bushing has not rotted.

The adjustment you need is on page 21.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Jim L

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2012, 05:50:23 am
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 05:50:23 am »
Thanks guys! I checked the manual and did find the adjustments you called out. I made the appropriate adjustments, and now everything is working great!   :applaud:   (Lesson learned: Read the manual first!!)   ;D