Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Game Launcher Sorting Info  (Read 3111 times)

rurdy4me

• Trade Count: (0)
Game Launcher Sorting Info
« on: May 26, 2002, 10:08:30 am »
I'm wondering if there was a way to sort roms to use with Game Launcher.  I wanting to sort them kinda like ArcadeOS did. If not , does anyone know of a rom tool that can sort the roms out. I'm wanting to group them like NeoGeo, Fighting, Favorites, Vertical Shooters, etc  and could be modified to use with Game Launcher in .cfg .map .rom files.

thanks
;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Game Launcher Sorting Info
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2002, 02:34:01 pm »
Go download the catver sorting tool at the rd homepage if you want to physically move them via category.
:)

http://www.oscarcontrols.com/dragon

GGKoul

• Cheesecake Apprentice
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2019, 05:47:30 pm
  • I was once a big man!! -4700 posts later...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 10:15:54 am »
Is there a Windows based FE that sorts roms by the numer of players that can play the game?  (2ply, 4, ply games)  

I maybe wrong.. but I don't see this info stored in the catver file...    

Thanks!
-GGKoul

jginiso

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2009, 01:41:17 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2002, 10:22:33 am »
You can use the .cfg, .map, and .rom files to create custom menus for gamelauncher. Useing the existing mame.cfg, mame.map, and mame.rom files as templates, you can create menus for as many different mame lists as you want. For example, I made a mamesports.cfg, mamesports.map, and mamesports.rom. The mamesports.cfg is the same as my mame.cfg with use rom list marked "yes". The mamesports.map and .rom files only reference mame sports games. In gamelauncher config I added mamesports as an emu. This loads a gamelauncher menu with all the mame sports games. Might be a little cumbersome but easy to do and works no problem.