Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trackball and Topfire Joystick by Happ: Need Help Please  (Read 1380 times)

twoxtrm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2015, 11:15:21 pm
Trackball and Topfire Joystick by Happ: Need Help Please
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:02 pm »
Hey everyone, so I posted back in 2008 about a problem with the trackball and spinner. I got the spinner working just fine and everything is great. However I just did a huge update on my cab (new cpu, full Hyperspin support) and now I have a few problems I would like to get corrected.

1. Trackball - The trackball has not worked since 08 as it only tracked from left to right and then quit completely (still lights up from usb), I believe the mouse buttons work (not sure). If I remember correctly I need the revision 2 green boards to fix this. Is this correct? and how hard to install?

2. My tulip style top fire joystick works, but now the fire button doesn't. This is concerning since my favorite game is Tron. Any know issues/fixes?

3. I had the act labs light gun (usb/s-video) working great on my machine. Now when I plug it in my screen goes blank, plug the s-video cable just into the pc and it works fine. Is their a fix for this light gun, or will I need to upgrade/replace my gun?

I aplogize for all the questions, but getting these items fixed will allow my machine to be fully operational and the kids are having a blast with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nyle

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Trackball and Topfire Joystick by Happ: Need Help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »
1. Trackball - The trackball has not worked since 08 as it only tracked from left to right and then quit completely (still lights up from usb), I believe the mouse buttons work (not sure). If I remember correctly I need the revision 2 green boards to fix this. Is this correct? and how hard to install?

2. My tulip style top fire joystick works, but now the fire button doesn't. This is concerning since my favorite game is Tron. Any know issues/fixes?
For info that may help with troubleshooting/fixing the trackball, see this post/thread.

It might also help if you mention which model/manufacturer trackball you have. (Happ? Betson?)   :dunno

On the subject of choosing between green boards/red boards -- if your (Happ) green boards are bad, upgrade to the red boards.

Is this the "tulip style" stick you're talking about?  What specifically is wrong? (i.e. Can't push button down?  Button won't pop back up?  Button press doesn't register?)

Scott

twoxtrm

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:29:50 am »
Thanks for the info. Here is the additional information.

1. The trackball is a Happ trackball (USB) - It sounds like it won't work with the red boards, they are only for the ttl version not usb.

2. Yes that is the top fire joystick I have. I can push the button and it comes back up it just doesn't register.

Thanks again for all the help.

Nyle

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:47:42 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 04:52:52 pm »
2. Yes that is the top fire joystick I have. I can push the button and it comes back up it just doesn't register.
Check the microswitch (P/N 95-0733-90) and the actuator arm (P/N 96-1603-00).

If the microswitch is bad, you can swap the actuator arm to another microswitch.

If you need a replacement actuator arm, contact Divemaster127.  He can probably get them for you.

Scott

twoxtrm

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 07:49:58 pm »
Thanks, I will try that this weekend.