Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Possible to load MAME save state AND hi score?  (Read 1504 times)

Paradroid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
Possible to load MAME save state AND hi score?
« on: September 12, 2017, 04:37:58 pm »
G'day,

I've been experimenting with creating MAME save states that skip over the typical memory tests, copyright notices, etc. so that games boot straight to their title pages or intro sequences.

The effect is really slick but I'd also like to be able to save and load hi scores. So, I want the game to load to the same place (e.g. title screen) each time but also recall hi scores independently of the save state.

My initial tests indicate this is not possible (hi scores don't load, just default to whatever they were when the state was first saved).

Does anyone know a way to achieve what I'm after?

Cheers,
Dazzle
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter