Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeEmulator.net - Good or Bad  (Read 32897 times)

koobs64

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2012, 10:59:53 pm
ArcadeEmulator.net - Good or Bad
« on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:10 pm »
I see arcadeemulator.net is on this forum and has many posts so I wanted to ask the question of whether or not anyone here has ordered from this vendor and had issues. I was hoping to get a response before I post my recent dealing with arcadeemulator.net in order to determine if my experiences were isolated or if they are an indication of how they do business. Let me know. Thanks.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:19:17 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: ArcadeEmulator.net - Good or Bad
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 11:28:39 pm »
I see arcadeemulator.net is on this forum and has many posts so I wanted to ask the question of whether or not anyone here has ordered from this vendor and had issues. I was hoping to get a response before I post my recent dealing with arcadeemulator.net in order to determine if my experiences were isolated or if they are an indication of how they do business. Let me know. Thanks.

I've ordered from him. I've gotten my stuff, but honestly he's not the fastest. To be fair, he ships once a week, on Saturday if I'm not mistaken. So if you placed on order on Sunday, you'd have to wait.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

lordnacho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 07:38:14 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:58 am »
Ordered from divemaster a few times.  If I'm not mistaken he's in the military and away all week.
I've gotten Ultimarc gear from him so not to pay the international shipping.

Nephasth

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:41:41 pm »
I almost made an order with him. But he asked to be gifted the money via Paypal. I don't have a problem doing this for private sales with other forum members (or adding the Paypal fees to the total), but I won't do this with a vendor.

koobs64

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 10:15:46 pm »
Here is my story. I just got done with a MAME conversion and like others I ordered all my ultimarc products from arcadeemulator to avoid the international shipping fees but in the end I wish I had just ordered them from the source.

In total I made 4 orders from him due to me changing my plans as I built.

First order was an IPAC and 8 ultralux buttons with chrome surrounds. Shipping time was great. I did not get a notification of the shipment but it was no big deal since I got the stuff in good time. Got everything in good condition. Opened it up and noticed I got 6 Ultimarc branded microswitches and 2 Sanwa branded microswitches. Was not a big deal until I assembled them and noticed a huge difference in how they feel. I contacted emulator thinking this should be fixed and got a very poor response. Basically he told me since they were both switches which at one time or another came with the ultralux buttons I had to just deal with it. I kept on emailing and finally got him to agree to send me 2 more ultimarc switches if I sent back the 2 sanwa switches. I did this and got the new ones in good time.

Second order 2 weeks after the first was one more ultralux button since I wanted to add a pause button to my panel. Ordered it, got a email saying it was shipped, and then got a clear surround instead of the chrome. Contacted him and once again sent the clear back and got a chrome.

Third order 2 weeks after the second was 2 more ultralux buttons since I added a 1 player and 2 player coin. Did not get an email about shipping but thought no big deal since I did not the first time either.

Fourth order a few days after the third was 5 ultralux LEDS since they fit perfectly into my Midway coin door light sockets. Got an email saying they were shipped and got the LEDs in perfect condition.

Since I had gotten my fourth order and not my third I contacted him asking its status. He said the order did not go through and he would ship it out. Perfect. A week went by and nothing. I asked again and he said to be patient. Nothing. I asked again a few days later and he said to wait a few more and if it was not there then he would resend. Nothing. Sent another email on the day he said to wait until because I still did not have the buttons. No response. I finally got the buttons 3.5 weeks after I had ordered them. According to the shipping label they were shipped 2 days before i got them.

I understand that my orders were small and probably not a high priority but after talking to some friends who have ordered from Ultimarc with similar projects in the future I will order from them and order extra in case my plans change. I think it will save a lot of headaches. 

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:01:28 am »
koobs you sound like a pain in the butt.

Neph, Im in the same boat as you with the paypal thing, but if you add the extra cost to the payment its fine, hes just trying to avoid the fees like everyone else.

Ive ordered from divemaster multiple times, never had an issue
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

koobs64

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 12:33:12 pm »
Yup your right. I made 4 orders with the guy of which 2 were wrong when I got them and 1 took 4 weeks to get. I must be the isuue.  :banghead:

jrose78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2015, 10:52:58 am
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 04:08:44 pm »
I just recently placed an order and it went fine. I ordered on a Friday and got it very quick. I think he sent it USPS priority so it was like 2 days or so.  I ordered 3 joysticks like 30 buttons and a couple odds and ends.  I didn't have to return anything or really deal with them so I can't say how they would respond to an issue.   

upprc04

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2021, 01:25:59 am
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:20:47 pm »
I've made two orders with him and had a great experience both times.  I contacted him and got a quick response through his site and this forum.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 10:02:00 pm »
Yup your right. I made 4 orders with the guy of which 2 were wrong when I got them and 1 took 4 weeks to get. I must be the isuue.  :banghead:

supplier changed which cherries came with a button, he was gracious to honor your request, especially over such a trivial order.

koobs64

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:17:01 am »
Your right. Ultimarc changed the switches that came with the button. Total order was $75. Not the biggest one he has ever gotten but to me that is not that trivial. It took 6 emails back and forth for me to get all the same switches for my buttons. The first one explained the situation. It did not seem that complicated to me as I even said all I wanted was the same switch for all my buttons so which ever he wanted to switch out was fine with me. If that was my only issue I would not have said anything. Next order was also small but came wrong. The third order took another 4 emails and 4 weeks to get. Forth order was also small but went perfect.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 02:45:40 pm »
trivial in reference to it being 2 switches,that he had no control over. I have a +42 on this site, I don't think I'd ever buy from or sell to you.

rmusick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2017, 09:15:41 pm
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »
I have ordered from him, I had great service.

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »
good experience here with divemaster - as long as you keep in mind the 1x per week typical ship interval.  Hard to beat his prices on stock Happ stuff.  If you want ultimarc stuff a little faster order it from England/Andy direct.   :afro:

koobs64

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 10:55:44 pm »
trivial in reference to it being 2 switches,that he had no control over. I have a +42 on this site, I don't think I'd ever buy from or sell to you.

Again focusing on the first order. Did you not see that I said if my only experiance with divemaster was the first order I would not have said anything. Since 3 out of my 4 orders had issues I wanted to say something. I said it and I am done. Obviously by the comments on this page I am in the minority. The feeling is mutual on doing business with you too +42.

Gray_Area

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm
  • -Banned-
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 08:46:32 pm »
Inventory must be accurate. In any case, the shipping via Ultimarc ain't that much that I'd bother waiting for someone else.
-Banned-

jrose78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 10:27:48 am »
I have ordered from arcadeemulator.net in the past and everything went fine.  I figured I would order again from them and added to my cart the u360 + spring + restrictor and when I went to check out I noticed the shipping was $14.00. I inquired about this with arcadeemulator.net as it is $15.00 to ship direct from ultimarc in the UK to the US.  arcadeemulator.net explained that it was auto calculated in the shopping card based on weight and address and that he was a small business. I was then told that I didn't have to shop from his store. So my experience has gone sour with arcadeemulator.net and I will be buying direct from Ultimarc from now on due to the shipping costs and unprofessional communications I have experienced from arcadeemulator.net .

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 11:07:08 am »
No, I explained how the cart figures shipping. The cart gives you a total before you enter payment to see if it meets your needs.  After I explained everything I just stated you are free to order wherever you wish.  After PayPal fees I make 9%.  Plus I am charged fees on fright too, I can't pay the freight too.  I have a family & you are making a huge issue even tho I explained everything.  Actual cost priority mail would run 11.00 plus PayPal fees. That is why the cart gives you a total ahead of time if the total so you can decide it the price meets your needs.  After I explained everything,& you kept emailing  I said you are free to order wherever you wish
Thanks
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 11:36:32 am »
Ive never had an issue with divemaster/arcadeemulator and his reply above is dead on balls. Not getting shipping for what you want isnt the same as him being a bad seller.

jrose78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 11:50:30 am »
Wow Malenko you sure stick up for arcadeemulators a lot! Do you know him personally or something? It breaks down to Ultimarc costing 15.00 from UK and arcadeemulators quoting me 14.00 on his site. I asked why is it so much from the us and I am told I can shop elsewhere. That Makenko is bad customer service in my opinion but I am so sure your opinion is different.  ::)

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 12:14:23 pm »
I have been on the forums many years & malenko is a nice guy so please leave him out of it.
I explained in detail 3 times & you still kept emailing.  And finally my exact words were "feel free to shop where ever you wish.  The cart gives you a total before checkout before you enter payment info so you can decide weather you want to buy the item or not. 
Thanks
Dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

jrose78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »
Look you can charge 100.00 for shipping that is your business. It is also my right to say that is a high price for shipping and that is what I have done.  As for you explaining that I can shop anywhere . I do live in America and know this.  I have emailed you twice and you emailed me last so stop with wherever you are going with that.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 02:10:49 pm »
Wow Malenko you sure stick up for arcadeemulators a lot! Do you know him personally or something?
I dont know him personally, but Ive bought a ton of stuff from him with no problem.  You have to understand he needs to make a little profit, and judging by your previous positive post about a pretty good sized order, I dont see how you can pull a 180 on a seller because of what is at most 1 to 3 dollars. Tell ya what, place your order with DM and I'll paypal you $3 , that way you pay actual shipping.

malenko is a nice guy so please leave him out of it.
Dont lie to the guy :)

Nephasth

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »
Tell ya what, place your order with DM and I'll paypal you $3 , that way you pay actual shipping.

jrose78

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 02:32:38 pm »
I am sure we can all get along here.  I have purchased from him before and shipping was speedy and the packing was ok.  Shipping for the order was around 8 dollars and ultimarc had it fixed at (I think) 15.00 shipping, so it worked.  I am going to order 4 u360s and I needed just one to figure out the config . So in the long run I get my u360 and arcadeemulator.net loses out on the 9% he makes.  Doesn't matter to me.  Now Malenko how you about you give that 3 dollars to charity and I will buy from Ultimarc  :P . He helps out a lot on this forum and deserves the extra money. Nephasth - Can I get one of those images for my post  ;-)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:35:19 pm by jrose78 »

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 03:56:45 pm »
infinity times infinity - mind blown. 

sublimejhn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2015, 02:47:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 04:09:03 pm »
Deleted
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:26:09 pm by sublimejhn »

divemaster127

• Offline Offline
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:59 pm »
I have not got home from work to see a picture of what part you think you need since your first email this morning.  At this point please just return the order I will refund everything including all the original shipping & the return shipping.  Usps first class or priority.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:58:31 pm by divemaster127 »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »
Here we go again......

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2014, 05:38:20 pm »
 :afro:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:18:55 am by Vigo »

sublimejhn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2015, 02:47:23 am
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 11:28:37 pm »
We have resolved things and he asked that I delete my post, so I am going to do just that. I won't be making any further comments in this thread

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:16 am »
I normally don't delete my stuff, but since I am referencing your post, I am deleting mine. Good on ya for resolving the issue.  :cheers:

lamprey

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2019, 07:03:11 pm
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2014, 01:47:15 pm »
We have resolved things and he asked that I delete my post, so I am going to do just that. I won't be making any further comments in this thread
Glad you got things worked out. However, it is rather weak that you deleted your post. It might have been better to post an update stating that things have been resolved, rather than deleting your post. It may not put a flattering light on divemaster, but that was your experience dealing with him.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »
Glad you got things worked out. However, it is rather weak that you deleted your post. It might have been better to post an update stating that things have been resolved, rather than deleting your post. It may not put a flattering light on divemaster, but that was your experience dealing with him.

I actually agree with the sentiment. I think we all need to own our words after we post them.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »
Divemaster sent me the wrong parts and made me ship them back at my expense. 

Other orders have been missing items.

I am not alone in my experiences, but he has made great efforts to have posts detailing such deleted.

:cheers:

zabrin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 02:39:36 pm
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2014, 06:43:04 pm »
My experiences with Divemaster have all been positive. I have placed a couple of orders with him in the past. Shipped in a timely manner, everything package very nicely and nothing was shorted or wrong.

Not saying he is perfect just saying my personal experiences. I would order from him again in a heartbeat. I am just bummed I missed his sale!!! :banghead:

Just my thoughts...

Z.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 02:13:45 am »
I am all for Divemaster.  I have placed multiple orders with him and have no problems at all.  As a long standing member of BYOAC I will use him again.  I also love those chocolate macadamia treats.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2014, 09:10:15 am »
I am all for Divemaster.  I have placed multiple orders with him and have no problems at all.  As a long standing member of BYOAC I will use him again.  I also love those chocolate macadamia treats.

Paradise Arcade Shop is the one that sends chocolates, not Divemaster.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2014, 11:52:52 am »

:laugh2:

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 12:40:17 pm »
Woops got the shops mixed up but I have ordered from both.  Paradise Arcade more than DM.  But have not had problems with either.

:dizzy: