Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Net City cab (Toshiba flat screen multisync)  (Read 5331 times)

Abubu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2016, 02:32:01 pm
New Net City cab (Toshiba flat screen multisync)
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:39:03 pm »
Greetings,

I own a New Net City cab, which have a multisync Toshiba flat CRT monitor.

I made a pc with an ATI Asus HD4850 card. But I have a lot of trouble getting the right settings. My monitor can support native 640 x 480p and 800 x 600p as well as lower resolutions at 15khz.
I don't know what are the monitor specs I should use, so I have choose the 'GENERIC' one. But each time I install the crt custom drivers and launch VMMaker, it set my desktop screen at 480i or 600i, and the progressive resolution are not available anymore on ArcadeOSD.

Can you help me please, to fix that problem?

Best regards.

(my vmmaker.ini, I've renamed groovymame to mame.exe:

Code: [Select]
; VideoModeMaker - Options
; ------------------------

; 1. MAME
; -------

; Path for Mame executable, in case we want to extract xml information from it.

MameExe = "d:\Mame\mame.exe"

; Path for Mame ini folder, in case we want to create an ini file for each game.
; Important: existing ini files will be overwritten.

IniPath = "d:\Mame\ini\"

; Mame options.

ListFromXML = 1 ; Processes Mame XML and get video mode list from it
GenerateXML = 1 ; Extracts XML from Mame (only needed once)
GenerateInis = 0 ; Creates an ini file for each Mame game, in the IniPath folder
SDLMame = 0 ; Use SDLMame specific options

; Monitor orientation

MonitorHorizontal = 1 ; 0 = Rotating monitor: horizontal and vertical games at their native resolution
;     Suitable for users that physically rotate their CRTs
; 1 = Horizontal monitor: horizontal games run at their native resolution and
;     vertical games are rotated to fit in horizontal monitor

RotatingDesktop = 0 ; Specifies if both desktop and monitor are rotated

; Aspect ratio for vertical games on horizontal monitor
; 4:3 (keeps original aspect ratio)
; 3:3 (stretches to square format)
; 3:4 (stretches to full screen)
; h:v (custom aspect ratio)

VerticalAspect = "4:3"

; 2. MONITOR
; ----------

; Monitor Type. Valid types: D9800, D9400, D9200, EGA, VGA, MULTI, H9110, PAL, NTSC, GENERIC, CUSTOM

MonitorType = "GENERIC"

; Monitor CUSTOM. These values will be used if MonitorType = "CUSTOM"
;
; monitor_specs_0-6 = "HfreqMin-HfreqMax, VfreqMin,VfreqMax, HFrontPorch, HSyncPulse, HBackPorch, VfrontPorch, VSyncPulse, VBackPorch, HSyncPol, VSyncPol, ActiveLinesLimit, VirtualLinesLimit"
;
; * HfreqMin-HfreqMax: Minimum and maximum horizontal frequency, in Hz. Defines the range of horizontal frequencies the monitor is capable to sync.
; The higher the horizontal frequency, the higher the vertical resolution available for the same vertical refresh.
; The higher the horizontal frequency, the higher the vertical refresh available for the same vertical resolution.
; The higher the horizontal frequency, the lower the horizontal amplitude of active video (narrower picture).
;
; * VFreqMin-VfreqMax: Minimum and maximum vertical frequency, in Hz, Defines the range of vertical frequencies the monitor is capable to sync.
;
; * HFrontPorch, HSyncPulse, HBackPorch: Horizontal timing and geometry, values in µs
;
; * VfrontPorch, VSyncPulse, VBackPorch: Vertical timing and geometry, values in ms
;
; * HSyncPol,VSyncPol: polarities, not in use! defaults to negative.
;
; * ActiveLinesLimit: Vertical resolutions until ActiveLinesLimit value included, are generated as progressive, regardless the possibility
;                           of obtaining the required vertical refresh value.
;
; * VirtualLinesLimit: Vertical resolutions above ActiveLinesLimit and below VirtualLinesLimit are virtualized, that is, an interlaced resolution
;                            bigger that the native one is generated, with the right refresh, and "hardware stretch" is applied.
;                            Vertical resolutions above VirtulaLinesLimit are generated as interlaced, without any stretching.

monitor_specs_0 = "15625-16200, 49.50-65.00, 2.000, 4.700, 8.000, 0.064, 0.160, 1.056, 0, 0, 288, 448"

; Tolerance for horizontal frequency, in kHz, enables extending the range defined by [ HfreqMin, HfreqMax ]
; The resulting allowed frequency range will be [ HfreqMin - HfreqTolerance, HfreqMax + HfreqTolerance ]

HfreqTolerance = 0.010

; 3. MODELINE GENERATOR
; ---------------------

; Total number of modelines to generate. Here are the recommended values for each driver version:
; CRT_Emudriver, based on Catalyst 6.5 XP32: 160 modes (accepts up to 200, but above 160 HyperSpin will refuse to load)
; CRT_Emudriver, based on Catalyst 6.5 XP64: 120 modes
; CRT_Emudriver, based on Catalyst 9.3 XP32/64: 120 modes (accepts some more but above 120 you can get some blue screens)
; Regular Catalyst: 60 modes (won't accept any more)

TotalModes = 120

; Method for mode table generation. If Mame xml is processed, that will create a lot of different video modes, so the mode table
; will be optimized keeping the most relevant ones, and dropping the rest, to keep below the TotalModes value.

ModeTableMethod = 1 ; 0 = Static table: modelines are generated keeping their original vertical refresh. This
;     method is intended to be used in combination with ini files for each game.
; 1 = Dynamic table: a table of dummy modes is created using xres and yres values while ignoring
;     vfreq. This method is intended to be used in combination with Switchres or Groovymame. No ini
;     files are required using this method (you should disable the GenerateInis option).

; Minimum resolution values (these will be used instead of lower values)

XresMin = 184
YresMin = 192

; Minimum dotclock value allowed by the video card, in MHz (i.e. DotClockMin = 7.010)

DotClockMin = 0

; Number of iterations used by the mode generator [0,5]. The higher the number of iterations, the bigger the accuracy of the vertical
; refreshed obtained, normally at the cost of increasing the horizontal frequency strictly required.

Iterations = 0

; Specifies if the refresh label is multiplied by 10 before rounding (experimental).

VFreqLabelx10 = 0

; 4. DRIVER
; ---------

; Path for the driver folder

DriverPath = ".\Driver\"

; If UpdateRegistry is enabled, UpdateDriver will only work if the driver version found in DriverPath matches the one installed
; in the system.

UpdateRegistry = 1 ; Specifies if the video card registry section will be updated with the new video modes
; (will only work in combination with CRT_EMUDriver).

UpdateDriver = 0 ; Specifies if the driver files in DriverPath will be updated with the new video modes, for
; future installations.

AnyCatalyst = 0 ; Allows modelines to be installed for any Catalyst version. This option is experimental and
; known to produce some problems.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: New Net City cab (Toshiba flat screen multisync)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 05:35:54 pm »
Hi Abubu,

The presets for the D9800 (Wells Gardner D9800) may work as a first approach. Make sure to select it both in vmmaker.ini and mame.ini (d9800 in lower case in mame.ini). Default 640x480@60 may still be interlaced anyway.

I recommend you to get the detailed specs for that monitor so we can work out this stuff safely.

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Abubu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:55 pm »
Hello,

Thank you Calamity for your support, I've used the D9800 presets, and it worked! :)

I'll try to get the monitor specs (Toshiba D29C051 / D29CQ56), but there's almost no documentations on the web ... (beside the recent tweaks on the remote by a member of arcade otaku)

Thanks again.

Abubu

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:27:20 pm »
Greetings,

I have a new problem, I can't play to vertical games, I get an out of range signal on my screen.

here's the rotate option of my MAME.INI

Code: [Select]
# CORE ROTATION OPTIONS
#
rotate                    1
ror                       0
rol                       0
autoror                   0
autorol                   0
flipx                     0
flipy                     0

It's because I use the d9800 specs for my Toshiba monitor? It's very hard to find technicals documents for my cab :'(