Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Chrome shaft on Happ comp and supers? What gives?  (Read 1264 times)

mcseforsale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:07:41 pm
  • Creepy Mario Dude
Chrome shaft on Happ comp and supers? What gives?
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:07:13 am »
On a couple of builds I've seen, the shaft of the bat top on Happ joys is chrome...like the plastic was stripped away.

Is this just stripping the plastic away, or are these aftermarket shafts? 

AJ

GregD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
    • Arcade Nebula
Re: Chrome shaft on Happ comp and supers? What gives?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:42:12 am »
I can speak for the supers.   They come with a black plastic sleeve that goes over the chrome shafts.   If you choose not to add the sleeve then your sticks will have a chrome shafts.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:15:30 am »
I can speak for the supers.   They come with a black plastic sleeve that goes over the chrome shafts.   If you choose not to add the sleeve then your sticks will have a chrome shafts.
You CAN leave off the plastic sleeve. . . but the shaft will drop down that much further, preventing the actuator from hitting the switches. (Yes, I just tried it.) :lol

On the supers, the choice of long versus short plastic cover changes which e-ring slot you use. I guess you could substitute a chrome tube the same length/diameter/thickness as the plastic, but haven't seen anyone do that.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »
On a couple of builds I've seen, the shaft of the bat top on Happ joys is chrome...like the plastic was stripped away.

Is this just stripping the plastic away, or are these aftermarket shafts? 

AJ

This might be what you were looking for.

http://www.gamecabinetsinc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=alumjoystick&Category_Code=J

Scott