Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame,plus hyperspin on soft15khz...what ealse do i need...  (Read 4864 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:26:13 am
Im so excited, that im allmost finishing one of my Pony Mark IV candy cab , i cleaned up real nice, i took the game board out,i installed the cpu,i allready programed the computer and added all the files, i tested yesterday  soft15khz, with an nvidia card, and im allmost done with an ati card so i can use'it with groovymame. So before i adventure on this groovymame thing, i would like to ask  a couple of questions if i may.
First, im planing on using hyperspin,  if everything goes fine i imagine i could just doit like in a regular pc, hyperspin @ 640x480, calling groovymame for the emulation, and soft15khz to display all on my arcade monitor.
Do i need somenthing ealse?
If i install calamity drivers do i need to instal catalist drivers as well? or just calamity?
thanks for any help.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Groovymame,plus hyperspin on soft15khz...what ealse do i need...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:22:03 am »
Hi abispac,

If i install calamity drivers do i need to instal catalist drivers as well? or just calamity?

The CRT_Emudriver is actually a patched version of the Catalyst drivers so you can't install both at the same time. So only install CRT_Emudriver.

First, im planing on using hyperspin,  if everything goes fine i imagine i could just doit like in a regular pc, hyperspin @ 640x480, calling groovymame for the emulation, and soft15khz to display all on my arcade monitor.

If you install CRT_Emudriver you'll already be displaying 15 KHz, so you don't really need to install Soft-15KHz over it. Hyperspin doesn't work with CRT_Emudriver unless you reduce the number of resolutions to 70-80, or you use the 'magic resolution' method. Search this forum and you'll find lots of post about this.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:16:42 am »
weird. im using your drivers, i did not knew i didnt had to use soft15khz but i did anyway, then i just instaled hyperspin, and its working great, i do not plan to use 3000 plus games so i guess i dont need the magic resolution or a work around as its working just fine, thanks anyway for your coment.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 06:41:54 am »
show us some pics of your cab man?

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 11:37:03 am »
show us some pics of your cab man?
Sure i will, cus i need to take video for a weird problem not related to the software...