Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: new pin acquired - Mystic  (Read 2291 times)

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
new pin acquired - Mystic
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »
Craigslist.  Works except one display flashes 7's when it should be on 0, and sound board only crackles.  Needs cleaning.  Pics to come when I pick it up this weekend.  lotta packing tape on the backglass  :-\.  I've got a definite 1979 thing going in my gameroom. 

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
Re: new pin acquired - Mystic
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:29:39 pm »
I got the sound board fixed. :woot  Resoldered the connector pins.  Cap kit from great plains.  New pot from rat shack. 

I flippin' love the sounds on Mystic.  best part of the game.  it has a background drone that increases in pitch as you add bonus.  the spinners remind me of those star wars pod things, the pitch drops as the spinners slow after a hit.  I've never been so motivated to go for spinners.  very cool.  sound design took a big jump from 1979 to 1980. 

I thought the game was a dud (ball stays in the top half of the pf for 3 minutes at a time due to the pops surrounded by a circle of rubber, then when it goes down to the flippers the 4" wide outlane openings drain you like crazy).  but I set the rules to get extra balls easily to counteract the side drainage, and the full package is growing on me.  Now that it's stabilized, back to Sharpshooter's playfield wiring woes. 

Future for this machine - straight wire a bunch of cashed lamp sockets- clean and wax pf - wonder if there's any way to glue the sheet of flaked ink on packing tape back to the back of the backglass?

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 08:48:04 am »
the display is next.  starting shortly after turn on it fills up with sevens.  still shows the score, just any blank digits show as sevens.  I already test switched it to P1's plug, same problem, something on the board.    

Edit: replaced decoder chip and upgraded resistors, resoldered header pins, fixed it. 

I'm with you on the BG, I just hate hearing the ink crinkling around anytime I put it back on the game.  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:29:10 pm by TopJimmyCooks »

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 02:49:01 pm »
Got all the lights working, finally.  replaced one crapped out socket, 2-3 scr's and a few bulbs.  Kind of fun playing while being able to accurately tell which drop targets you've already hit.