Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Revolution X Cabinet to be converted into a Mame shooter (T2,rev x) help please!  (Read 4153 times)

JBED

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2017, 03:45:49 pm
Hi,

I have read a lot of posts on this  great site but this is my first post!

I was able to get my hands on a Revolution X Cabinet but the monitor was not it and the game board has some issues I was told. So my plan was to connect everyhting to a pc to be able to play games like Revolution x, T2, Alien.

Does anyone know any other games that used Gun: Positional with recoil, trigger and one button?

Anyways, My question(s) before I start pulling on wires can anyone recommend how to hook up the guns and the recoil to all the pc to run the controls? Andy from ultimarc said I could try the u Hid-nano and harness to control both guns.

I was planning on using a jpac to work the other controls and possibly a video converter to hook up to a tv screen if I can't get a arcade monitor for a decent price.

Has anyone ever attempted this before? Is there any links on this someone can send me? Is it worth trying or is it going to cost as much to buy the 3 game boards the time I am done?

Any advice will help!

Thanks so much for your time and thanks for reading!

JBED

• Offline Offline
does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks 

lanman31337

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2024, 10:36:50 am
  • set to ludacris speed!
I was thinking operation wolf, but that had two buttons (one for machine gun, one for grenade).  There weren't many games that used the positional analog gun.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=109833.0

There is a list of games attached to the 2nd post.

I have a big "2-handed" gun wired up in a standalone box.

I refurbed 2 uzi style guns for a dedicated cab, but the travel left to right is so limited that I'd have to use a small screen or a cab with a mirror in it.
In the end decided that there just weren't enough good games to justify it.

JBED

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm wondering if I should make it into a light gun cabinet but my problem would be the distance to the screen. I like having the guns mounted but I don't know if you would get a fast enough reaction as you would holding a gun. I have the aimtrak gun working all my light gun games and the analog games paying them on a tv screen and not in a cabinet.

Also if its possible to add the light sensors to the guns and still be able to use the recoil everytime the trigger is pulled.

Again any suggestions would be great!

Thanks for your time.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Also if its possible to add the light sensors to the guns and still be able to use the recoil everytime the trigger is pulled.

You'd need a program like MAMEhooker or LEDblinky to pick up the outputs in MAME and communicate them to an LEDwiz or printer port hack.
From there it would have to trigger a solid state relay or transistor since the solenoids probably require 24v and a lot of current.

Search the software forum for both programs I mentioned and read up.

I haven't personally done it.  My gun just has a vibration motor and shakes whenever the trigger is held.