Ok, I found a limit switch arm that I figured would work and look better than the hastily thrown together crank I used to test the actuator rig.
I had to drill the hole in the center of the arm to fit the 3/8" shaft.
The arm had a roller on the end, I removed it and bored that hole out to 1/4"
It is adjustable in crank length and rotation angle on shaft.
I am happy with the way it turned out:
Next I made bearings for the actuator pivot points.
I used brass pipe plugs (3/8"). I drill out a hole in the center for the pivot. (1/4", a little big but as close to pivot diameter that I had). I then filled the plug with wood putty. The putty set up pretty hard. I did this to keep oil from soaking into the wood and to help steady the pivot. Probably not necessary. Then I drilled out the wood putty (1/4") to the depth of the length of the pivot.
I then bored 1/2" holes in the wood supports and threaded the plugs in. It is a tight fit and I dont think they are going anywhere.
The actuator pivots a lot smoother and stays in line better.
Here is a pic of the backside of the bushing, showing the wood putty filler.
First pic of the new crank was with the monitor in vertical position. here it is in horizontal. (I dont have the mechanical stops or limit switches installed yet, its a bit past horizontal. You can see where I marked the stop for vertical (probably use a 1/4" bolt through the 2X4). There is a hole where I mounted the servo once upon a time. I plan to use this for the horizontal stop bolt.
I make the mechanical stops so the monitor can turn past the level vert and horz positions. This allows me some adjustment room on the switches, and if it hits the mechanical stop I will know because the screen will be crooked.
I then set up the rig to test for proper alignment. I ran small wirewrapping wire between the corners to find center of the screen. I then set up my camera tripod with a wood skewer for a pointer.
This pic shows monitor in vertical and pointer lined up on screen center.
And here it is rotated to horizontal. The screen is about 1/4" off center from vertical position.
Im going to have to live with this. I plan to center the monitor with the cabinet while in horizontal position, so maybe 1/4" to the side while in vertical wont be too noticeable.
And here is how I set up the centering guide. I ran the small wires (can be thread too) between each corner of the screen (not the monitor but the viewable portion of the screen). I scotch taped the wires to the monitor to hold in place. Where the wires intersect should be the center of the screen.
Next on my agenda for this project: Mount mechanical stops and rig up limit switches.