Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can anyone identify this resistor/diode from Motordome?  (Read 4639 times)

rooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2021, 01:31:15 pm
    • ShaunRoot.net
Can anyone identify this resistor/diode from Motordome?
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »
Please forgive my ignorance, I only know what I learned from one class in high school electronics (20 years ago).  These are on each lamp in my Motordome pinball machine.  Ten of them appear to be burned out and I want to replace them.  The bulbs tested ok, and the meter shows a dead spot after these resistors.  I tried Googling, but the guides I have found on the net only show resistors with 4 bands on them.

Also, if anyone knows of any good web sites for beginners to learn electronics, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:31:58 pm by rooter »

rooter

• Offline Offline
    • ShaunRoot.net
Re: Can anyone identify this resistor from Motordome?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:31:42 pm »
Why not remove and test one that isn't burned in half?

Pretty sure that's a diode anyway.

:cheers:

Yeah, I had a feeling about it not being a resistor as soon as I looked at the 20x life size photo when I saw it posted on the page.  My eyes aren't so great anymore.  :)  I also just assumed it was a resistor because I had to put them on the LED's in my MAME.  Anyway, that's not burned.  Those are the markings on them.  All of them look like that, and the majority of them work just fine.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:33:15 pm by rooter »

rooter

• Offline Offline
    • ShaunRoot.net
Re: Can anyone identify this resistor/diode from Motordome?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 11:49:43 pm »
Pic of a lamp unit.  This lamp works fine.  This appears to be a different type of diode though.  I posted to show the relative size and that the black markings are not burn marks.  They look fine, there is just no current going through them as far as I can tell.

kennedy304

Re: Can anyone identify this resistor/diode from Motordome?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:38 pm »
Rooter, I know nothing about resistors etc....but I have a used Motordome pinball machine that I am trying to sell. It works but I know nothing about it. My husband has a friend who services the pinball machines at Hershey Park Amusement Park. He cleaned it up and put some parts into it. He said he and his grandson were playing it and it worked great. Thought you might like it for parts. winddance8854@hotmail.com