Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Paradise Arcade Shop  (Read 9872 times)

eramsabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2015, 08:20:18 pm
  • All Hail General Zod!!
Paradise Arcade Shop
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:46:41 pm »
I'm new around here and about to make my first bar top arcade and I was wondering if anyone else has used Paradise Arcade Shop. I had ordered some parts from them on the 24th and now the 31st all I've gotten is an email saying my payment was accepted. I tried emailing them a couple of times and calling but with no response. Does it usually take this long with them and should I be concerned? Thanks any comments would help

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Paradise Arcade Shop
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:18:17 pm »
I ordered from Paradise recently.  They will send you a "We are processing your order" email when they are getting ready to ship.  It took a week or so for me to receive that email.   A little slow when you are used to Amazon but I'm not complaining.  I'll order from them again.

eramsabe

• Offline Offline
  • All Hail General Zod!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »
Thanks for the reply :) I will just have to exercise some more patience and just wait...just hard to do when you are waiting from cool stuff in the mail. Thanks again!

eramsabe

• Offline Offline
  • All Hail General Zod!!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:54 am »
That's a mixed message :) yes or no is what I'm looking for..I'm a pretty straight forward guy

taylormadelv

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 05:46:59 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:27:41 pm »
You will receive whatever you paid for. However, it is a very small operation, they generally do not ship the same day and since they are in Hawaii, it slows everything down at least a day or two. Hang in there!

eramsabe

• Offline Offline
  • All Hail General Zod!!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 08:52:12 pm »
Right after posting it I got an email saying it would be shipped on Monday so I'm excited again :)

starwarsfan54321

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2017, 04:40:26 pm
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »
I've had a pretty good experience with them, the shipping takes a while but my products got hear nicely packed and with some chocolate.  Overall, I plan to buy from them again.

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 01:27:42 pm »
I've had some good luck with them. There are cheaper vendor's but these guys seem more reliable.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:53:18 pm by IG-88 »
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

eramsabe

• Offline Offline
  • All Hail General Zod!!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:21:14 am »
To update: I got my tracking number and it should be here by next Wednesday on the 11th so about 18 days to deliver. I ordered some stuff from Groovy Game Gear on Monday and it got here this morning so for future arcade parts I'm going to go with Groovy. Paradise Arcade Shop is a good store just a little bit too long of a wait :) When you're building something this exciting 2 and a half weeks is a looooooooong time and I'm not all that patient to begin with.  

Trip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:37:04 pm
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 11:55:49 am »
To update: I got my tracking number and it should be here by next Wednesday on the 11th so about 18 days to deliver. I ordered some stuff from Groovy Game Gear on Monday and it got here this morning so for future arcade parts I'm going to go with Groovy. Paradise Arcade Shop is a good store just a little bit too long of a wait :) When you're building something this exciting 2 and a half weeks is a looooooooong time and I'm not all that patient to begin with.  

I guess it really depends on what you order.  I ordered some Sanwa JLFs and hollow shafts from Paradise and it was here in under a week.  I ordered a ton of EI2 and some custom balltops from GGG and it was about a 2 week wait, but the balltops were a custom order he agreed to do for my JLFs, so it was well worth the wait.

Both had outstanding customer service, so I wouldn't hesitate to order from either store.

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:55:17 pm »
I ordered from paradise one time. I'll not order from them again.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

Mysterioii

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2018, 11:44:34 am
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 01:05:26 pm »
I've ordered from them once, there was an oversight on my order and a very limited item got left out of the shipment, which made me nervous.  Bryan dipped into his personal reserve of parts to set things right and the replacements were shipped out quickly.

It would have been nicer had there not been a mistake of course, but these things happen, and I was happy with the resolution.

MacGyver

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 12:49:00 am
    • Project Build
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 01:39:49 pm »
I ordered from them, what I ordered arrived.  I was satisfied.  I'll even add that I live in Germany and it made it here just fine. 

iserian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2017, 07:43:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 01:21:07 am »
Speaking of cheaper but not as reliable... which shops are those?  I figured being in Hawaii would delay the shipping a bit.

How are they in terms of pricing?

cammada

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 01, 2020, 10:59:21 pm
Paradise Arcade Shop
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 04:05:09 am »
I have send an email to them and they never reply back so I waited another 2 weeks but still no reply so I send again to check if they have receive my reply but they still haven't reply back. Now it way over a month and still haven't heard from them.

Dissappointed!!!! as i was planning to purchase joystick but just need one more info just in case it is the one i wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2020, 01:37:04 pm
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 07:39:37 am »
I have send an email to them and they never reply back so I waited another 2 weeks but still no reply so I send again to check if they have receive my reply but they still haven't reply back. Now it way over a month and still haven't heard from them.

Dissappointed!!!! as i was planning to purchase joystick but just need one more info just in case it is the one i wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've noticed email isn't the best way to get ahold of them.  Maybe their spam filters on their email are not the best and tag too much.  Try using their Contact Us form on their website.  It will let you write your email on the website, but it seems to get a much faster response.