Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tombstone-but for Console sets???  (Read 2325 times)

Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
Tombstone-but for Console sets???
« on: May 31, 2002, 04:58:49 pm »
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website (s) that have all console games and others like Tombstone does with Mame games? Please let me know, I want to get all the verified sets I can.

Thanks,
Jim
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
Re: Tombstone-but for Console sets???
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2002, 06:39:13 pm »
I think that this is a taboo subject, but I dunno.  Anywho.  Reread your tombestone links.  You will find the info there.  I didn't know that the "sets" were verified in the same manner that the arcade ones were.  

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Tombstone-but for Console sets???
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2002, 11:12:04 am »
No it's not a taboo subject, but here's the deal.  Unlike arcade manufacturers, console makers are very protective of thier games.  Nintendo and sony being the most adiment, will sue a site for having a VERY old game on their site, much less the newer ones.  Sega does this too, but to a lesser degree.  So basically what I'm saying is your more likely to be shutdown for having a site of snes roms then you are having a site of the complete mame set.  

I'm not saying that they aren't out there, but considering the danger of making them too public, you need to find them yourself.