Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help with pedals from those who know Logitech Profiler...  (Read 5149 times)

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
OK, I know there has been a lot of driving controller questions recently, but I will add mine to the pile...

I am using a Logitech Driving Force (technically a PS2 wheel, but it has usb), and calibration went fine when installing the logitech profiler. But here is my problem: in the two PC racing games I have tried (Crazy Taxi 3, Sega Rally Revo), the right (accelerator) pedal seems to be continually sending the "brake" signal when not depressed (it does send the "gas" signal when pushed down, though). Happens both in-game and in menus.

Any suggestions? I simply am not familiar with setting up PC controls and my google-fu is failing me. Wheel, force feedback, buttons, etc. are all working fine, just the pedals. Let me know if the question seems unclear.
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Re: Need help with pedals from those who know Logitech Profiler...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »
Sorry for the vagueness of my answers, but I'm at work and this is from my faulty memory.....

In the Windows control panel under game controllers (maybe devices>game controllers if Win7),
there is a setting to set the pedals combined or separate.  It's a lot easier to find in XP.

In Win7, it's a bit harder to find.
I think you have to right click the controller or something to get to the calibration/settings window.

Or...... In logitech profiler, create a new profile.  When you do that it will have you navigate to the exe that you want it linked to.
From then on, that profile will launch automatically when the exe is launched.
After creating the new profile, the option to combine or separate pedals is buried in one of the tabs at the top.

I'll edit my post to be more specific when I get home, but I hope this helps you now.  :P

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
Thanks for the response. I found the "separate pedals" check-box both through control panel and in the "global device setings" of Logitech Profiler. I un-checked it, and re-calibrated the pedals in windows and in the the CT3 configuration, and still the same issue. In the display in windows where it shows the rotation of the wheel, level of the pedals being pressed, etc., everything responds correctly.

I wonder if the hardware itself is faulty-- even with the pedals unplugged from the wheel, it still gives me a "brake" signal (selected option constantly scrolling down in main game menu).

Anyway, let me know if anything else springs to mind, thanks again!
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:12 pm »
I'll have a look when I get home.  I remember Sega Rally Revo being real glitchy when setting up controls.

(and I never did the the no dvd crack working  :angry:  )

brad808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:31:55 pm »
bump the dead zone up a tiny bit on the pedals

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 10:20:06 pm »
I messed around with Crazy Taxi 3.
To get the pedals to calibrate, I had to hold down the brake while calibrating the gas.  ???
If it doesn't ask you to calibrate the brake after doing the gas, the calibration of the gas pedal has failed.
No idea what's causing it, but it worked properly after that.

I couldn't mess with Sega Rally Revo because there is no DVD drive in my cab.

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Delicious!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 10:35:37 pm »
Alright, Badmouth, brad808, thanks for all the help but I tried both those methods as well but no luck. The wheel was gotten used on ebay, pretty beat up, and although it works ok on PS2 maybe some PC-integral component was damaged at some point. I will take it as a sign I need to either play through my ridiculous backlog of PS2 driving games or pony up for a G25 :). Thanks again.  :cheers:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 09:24:37 am »
Alright, Badmouth, brad808, thanks for all the help but I tried both those methods as well but no luck. The wheel was gotten used on ebay, pretty beat up, and although it works ok on PS2 maybe some PC-integral component was damaged at some point. I will take it as a sign I need to either play through my ridiculous backlog of PS2 driving games or pony up for a G25 :). Thanks again.  :cheers:

I really don't think it's the wheel since the pedals work fine in windows.
I think you just had the misfortune of starting out with two games that are extremely glitchy when it comes to setting up the controls.  :-\
Give Model 2 Emulator a try.