Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Men 6 Player  (Read 2390 times)

f263u

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2013, 08:28:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
X-Men 6 Player
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »
Recently acquired the famed (dreaded) 6-player X-Men cabinet, which now has residency in my garage. This thing is fun to play, but obviously difficult to move around from the sheer size and weight. Rental truck with a ramp made it not too difficult, and was able to handle the move with 2 people, disassembling the cab.

Anyway, side art is in rough shape, and CPO is pretty much a total loss, so will be looking to recreate some graphics and get them printed up. The game itself plays great, other than some sticky buttons and joysticks. When you have 6 sets to choose from, that isn't such a big deal. Will try to post progress as this project takes shape.

thatpurplestuff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:39:08 am
Re: X-Men 6 Player
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:26:40 pm »
Congrats!  Personally I love these gigantic cabs if you've got the space for them.  I plan on starting a scratch mirror cabinet build soon that will end up being huge.  If I recall correctly the X-Men 6 player cabs used mirror(s) as well... if so I would be really curious to see how they mounted everything.

Will be watching this thread to see your progress!

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:15 am »
search for the art repro thread, might save you some time and hassle.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 02:39:48 pm »
On the topic of this machine being a beast (hehe), when I was in Portland I went to Ground Kontrol, the cool retro barcade there and noticed their slim X-men 6-player:
http://groundkontrol.com/2009/12/the-6-days-of-x-men/

They ended up replacing the screens/mirror design and fitting a widescreen LCD, rebuilding the backside to half the size.
Now, I'm not saying you should take this on, but it's curious to how they dealt with the video output...which isn't really explained on the site anywhere. I'm wondering if they are using actual boards...hmmm.

Anyways, I found it interesting.
There's also a post about possibly make the reproduced artwork available. Might be good to look into.