Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Home Made HITBOX  (Read 22014 times)

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:39:10 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Home Made HITBOX
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:16:01 pm »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a little project Ive been working on, I'm about 80% completed.

Ive been looking at Hitboxes for a little while now, I couldnt see my self spending over $160 on something I now I could probably make myself...so I did.

Picked up a Dual Strike from HaRuMaN  Thanks Again for that  :cheers:

All the buttons were purchased from Focus attack. 14 24mm, and one 30mm.

CPO
Simple graphics were done using a Google search and Photoshop.
Cut out, glued and clear coated.

Ive tested it on PS3 MK9 and I really liked it! in just one sitting I was able to go through all my best guys and complete every combo I could normally do. The only thing that's posing a challenge is the jump button, big green button on the bottom. Although being able to use either hand to press the jump button I still find my self pressing the down button instead (middle) force of habit from playing games on a keyboard I guess.

Total cost are around 70 bucks.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks.

LOL forgot about the little wrench, I had hardware holding some plexi glass before. But I wanted to try the whole clear coating card stock. So far so good, once completely dry I don't get any print indents from holding it for long periods.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:19:53 pm by 05SRT4 »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Re: Home Made HITBOX
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:17:04 pm »
You wiring looks good as does the box.  I watched a few videos and the linked site and they make it seem really easy once you learn it.  This isn't the arcade purists approach but I can see how competitive gamers would really take to this.  Have fun with it. 

PIZZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2013, 10:24:17 am
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »
Dont think I could get used to that setup but its a cool build. Id put a joystick in there just as backup  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 12:15:37 am by PIZZ »

amendonz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2017, 04:33:57 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:39:28 pm »
Have you made it so hitting left and right cancel each other out? Suppose it doesn't matter for mk as much since there's a block button..

Rob Black

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2015, 09:38:31 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »
That's pretty cool

05SRT4

• Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:24:57 am »
Le Chuck - Thanks I was kind of hesitant on posting here. Now I need to go Clean up my full cabs wiring.

PIZZ - I thought the same thing at first, We will see if im still into it after a month or so.

Amendonz - I'm not 100% waiting for paint to dry still, I think i read if the left and right are pressed at the same time it will send the last input used.

Rob Black - Thanks

Yenome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:02 am »
you have tempted me sir. this is another project to add to the list, wish i had thought bout this before those guys i bet this brings them lots of monies.
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

emphatic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:28:32 pm
  • -"Suck it, Donny!" -"No, YOU suck it.... more".
    • Emphatic's Video Game Collection
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:51:12 am »
Nice wiring!  :applaud:

05SRT4

• Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 01:26:03 pm »
you have tempted me sir. this is another project to add to the list, wish i had thought bout this before those guys i bet this brings them lots of monies.

It was fun and easy to build, If you really want to try one out I would definitely build one. There are a ton of people on the MK/SSF forums that are making or buying one.

05SRT4

• Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 01:26:54 pm »
Thanks emphatic  :cheers:

dandare

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2013, 08:43:44 am
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »
very nice. love the artwork!

Id never seen these before, i think i may try one!

Did you use a template for the holes, is there an official template (like slagcoin) or did you just eye ball it?

I think you definitely went the right way by building your own, thanks for sharing.

05SRT4

• Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 12:30:55 am »
very nice. love the artwork!

Id never seen these before, i think i may try one!

Did you use a template for the holes, is there an official template (like slagcoin) or did you just eye ball it?

I think you definitely went the right way by building your own, thanks for sharing.

Thanks dandare, its different, there are some players on MK9 that feel like this was made for them, and then there are some that are impossible for me to play, I usually kill combos with Milena but with the hitbox i can barely start it lol. Im still playing with different button configs in the game.

As for the template I just used this HITBOX TEMPLATE.
For the frost I found a  Googled blue ice wallpaper and did a cutout texture with photo shop, same with subzero.

dandare

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2013, 08:43:44 am
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 01:22:12 am »
Cool. thanks for the template link.

As much as i like traditional arcade stuff, i still prefer using fight sticks for modern fighters. i'll be interested to see how mvc3 and blaze blue play.

think i might go order some 24mm buttons...

edekoning

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2022, 02:21:38 pm
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 07:16:15 am »
Looking good.

I used to play many fighter with a friend on a keyboard, using the WSAD keys for movement. Most standard moves would come out just fine, though I had big problems performing those diagonal charge moves. Seeing how these buttons are located, I imagine it is a lot more comfortable to use.

DarkFulgore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2013, 06:39:41 am
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 01:20:13 am »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a little project Ive been working on, I'm about 80% completed.

Ive been looking at Hitboxes for a little while now, I couldnt see my self spending over $160 on something I now I could probably make myself...so I did.

Picked up a Dual Strike from HaRuMaN  Thanks Again for that  :cheers:

All the buttons were purchased from Focus attack. 14 24mm, and one 30mm.

CPO
Simple graphics were done using a Google search and Photoshop.
Cut out, glued and clear coated.

Ive tested it on PS3 MK9 and I really liked it! in just one sitting I was able to go through all my best guys and complete every combo I could normally do. The only thing that's posing a challenge is the jump button, big green button on the bottom. Although being able to use either hand to press the jump button I still find my self pressing the down button instead (middle) force of habit from playing games on a keyboard I guess.

Total cost are around 70 bucks.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks.

LOL forgot about the little wrench, I had hardware holding some plexi glass before. But I wanted to try the whole clear coating card stock. So far so good, once completely dry I don't get any print indents from holding it for long periods.

Hello 05SRT4 I Came Across ur Post on Google I iam Intrested in a Hit Box Like urs how Much to Make me One Exactly Like it except the only thing is instead of the STF Button layout i would like the Traditional MK Button lay out like this http://www.joystickvault.com/showphoto.php?photo=453
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:26:32 am by DarkFulgore »