Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Which 19" monitor is BETTER : WG U3100 or Neotec NT-500Xi9 Trisync?  (Read 1348 times)

alank2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 10:05:48 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Hi,

I'm trying to decide between these two 19" monitors:

http://www.wellsgardner.com/wellsgardner31/supportdata/U3100.pdf

http://www.neotecgraphic.com/trisync-19.htm

Does anyone have an opinion about whether WG or Neotec is a better company?  Which which be around longer?

The U3100 is not a digital monitor and can only handle VGA (which is what I plan to use anyway!).

The Neotec is a digital monitor and even has a 90 deg rotating OSD screen so it can display properly when vertically mounted.  The Neotec is also a trimode monitor (15.75, 24.8, and 31.5-38 khz horz freq) in that if I decided someday to use it differently (like with a arcadevga for example), it is flexible.  For now, I am quite pleased with VGA and the tweaks I've made in mame to have it display perfectly.

Both have a degauss function, but the Neotec is selectable from the menu (probably like a traditional PC monitor) an the WG you must turn it on for 40 min and then off for 20 min to make it degauss...

Any ideas on which will require less maintenance over time?  Will the WG be easier to fix because it is NOT digital ?

The price on the Neotec is $340 with an A grade tube, and the WG is $363 with an A grade tube.

Other thoughts?

Thanks,

Alan

Nailz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2014, 08:55:03 pm
Re:Which 19" monitor is BETTER : WG U3100 or Neotec NT-500Xi9 Trisync?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 12:52:54 am »
The Neotec has a .72mm dot pitch????  If that is right, holy crap....

IMHO the WG looks like the winner to me.

alank2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 10:05:48 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 07:39:07 pm »
The Neotec has a .72mm dot pitch????  If that is right, holy crap....

IMHO the WG looks like the winner to me.

Yes, I think the WG says it has a .71 and the Neotec has a .72.  I wouldn't think that close a number would make a difference.  Any other comments about Neotec?

Nailz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2014, 08:55:03 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 08:23:51 pm »
Whoops, you're right, I looked at the 14" specs where it said .27 mm, sorry for the confusion.

With all the items you have mentioned so far, looks like Neotec could be a good way to go.