Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Free Nuby XBox Analog Arcade Controllers @ Fry's  (Read 3483 times)

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Free Nuby XBox Analog Arcade Controllers @ Fry's
« on: September 26, 2003, 03:22:37 pm »
If you happen to live anywhere near a Fry's Electronics and you check the Fry's ad for this weekends sales you will find this:

Nuby Xbox Arcade Stick

$34.99 (in-store price)  -  $34.99 (mail-in rebate) = $0.00

Here is Nuby's website:
http://www.nubytech.com/

But I couldnt find the controller listed on their website.  However I found an informational PDF file on there:
http://www.nubytech.com/manualFiles/14.pdf

Features:  
Analog Stick and Analog Buttons
Button to switch the stick from Analog to Digital (to make it mimic the D-Pad)
Rumble (Vibration) support
Memory Card slot.

Considering that you can hook up XBox controllers to PC's quite easily this thing is just waiting to be hacked...and it's analog.  So perhaps someone will figure out how to use the analog functionality in Mame.... I'm gonna pick up a couple of these from Fry's this weekend.  Let the hacking begin.

Nuby 36020 Arcade Stick for XBox

BombProofPlane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2009, 04:14:14 pm
Re:Free Nuby XBox Analog Arcade Controllers @ Fry's
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 02:22:02 am »
they suck balls

at the frys i go to (woodland hills) they had it set up with a plasma screen and 2 of those pieces of crap and the buttons wouldn't work i dont know if it was crap buttons or faulty circuit boards

Jakobud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 04:45:38 am
Re:Free Nuby XBox Analog Arcade Controllers @ Fry's
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 01:17:55 pm »
I picked one up yesterday.  First of all, its a different looking stick than the one I originally posted, although its called the same thing.  It looks like Nuby's Soul Caliber II arcade stick, except its all black with green buttons and joystick handle.

Anyways, It seems to work fine for me. The buttons and the joystick work great on the XBox.  The joystick doesn't feel THAT great.  But I'm planning on transfering the guts into a homemade housing and using different buttons and joystick anyways.