Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'  (Read 328450 times)

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 12:41:11 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »
Good job for the theme. I see the Tower of Babel in the lines of the cab!  :applaud:
Tying a strong theme to a cabinets shape is a good way to design.  Metropolis has some great images to use for artwork inspiration and will really bring the cab to life.

If I were building a Metropolis cab, I would use the cityscape as the theme, and on the sides I'd have the false Maria in Yoshiwara. Makes me wish I were building a cab! :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Unstupid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2021, 08:46:34 am
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 05:22:44 am »
  • Easy angles

That's an oxymoron... I have seen very few cabs where people have used joints at angles other than 90deg.  If they do have angles other than 90 degrees most of the time they are just overlapping the panels.  You have to figure most BYOACers don't have access to a full workshop.  Maybe you should figure out what tools most people are working with and design a cab that the majority of people can build.   Does everyone have access to a table saw and jig saw?[/list]

dandare

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2013, 08:43:44 am
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 05:40:50 am »

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 07:06:29 am »
    Good job for the theme. I see the Tower of Babel in the lines of the cab!  :applaud:
    Tying a strong theme to a cabinets shape is a good way to design.  Metropolis has some great images to use for artwork inspiration and will really bring the cab to life.

If I were building a Metropolis cab, I would use the cityscape as the theme, and on the sides I'd have the false Maria in Yoshiwara. Makes me wish I were building a cab! :cheers:

At the moment I'm turning over ideas pretty much along these lines and collecting source material to draw from for art work, it will take some time especially if I do it as vector based.

• Easy angles

That's an oxymoron... I have seen very few cabs where people have used joints at angles other than 90deg.  If they do have angles other than 90 degrees most of the time they are just overlapping the panels.  You have to figure most BYOACers don't have access to a full workshop.  Maybe you should figure out what tools most people are working with and design a cab that the majority of people can build.   Does everyone have access to a table saw and jig saw?[/list]

*Ond gets up on his hind legs* Rant begin [ What can I say.... there are already designs out there readily available that are relatively simple in terms of cutting lines and build complexity.  I'm hoping to bring two things to this project, a design that's my own and information / methods that give builders confidence to realise the design.  I'd say revisit your thinking once I get the build procedure posted.  A table saw, would not be necessary but a circular saw and jig saw would be the sort of basic tools I'm talking about.  I wouldn't expect someone to build any cabinet, curves angles or otherwise with out basic tools including a router as well.  It's not just altruism or practicality that I'm about,  it's still got to be interesting  and creative i.e. fun (for me as well as others).  As I've said, it won't suit the majority, but it might suit some.

@ dandare,  :lol The OND way OK?  Hey it's early days I've barely started and no one can say I don't take on board peoples suggestions (I've done it with my current Astro project plenty of times).  There still has to be a captain of the ship or pilot flying the  :blah: not a cabinet by committee.  Rant over. ]

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:11:44 am by Ond »

dandare

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 07:54:57 am »
    SIR YES SIR! (he-he  :lol)

im really exited about the metropolis art (if you decide to go that way) especially the fritz lang version.

are you going to actually build this yourself too, or purely virtual? if you do, make sure you video document it all in your finest dungaree's! 

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
    • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Offline Offline
    • Last login:Yesterday at 07:09:32 pm
    « Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:42 am »
    *Ond gets up on his hind legs* Rant begin [ What can I say.... there are already designs out there readily available that are relatively simple in terms of cutting lines and build complexity.  I'm hoping to bring two things to this project, a design that's my own and information / methods that give builders confidence to realise the design.  I'd say revisit your thinking once I get the build procedure posted.  A table saw, would not be necessary but a circular saw and jig saw would be the sort of basic tools I'm talking about.  I wouldn't expect someone to build any cabinet, curves angles or otherwise with out basic tools including a router as well.  It's not just altruism or practicality that I'm about,  it's still got to be interesting  and creative i.e. fun (for me as well as others).  As I've said, it won't suit the majority, but it might suit some.

I assume that wasn't directed at me, but instead to the guy who wanted you to design a cabinet that could be built with no tools. Hopefully my feedback wasn't received in any bad way because I wasn't saying it with any ill intentions and by no means was I suggesting a design by committee approach. I like the Metropolis design/theme and appreciate your time on this project.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 09:55:51 am »

At the moment I'm turning over ideas pretty much along these lines and collecting source material to draw from for art work, it will take some time especially if I do it as vector based.

If I can help in any way, let me know. Metropolis is one of my favorite films. In fact, I got the Complete Restored Version for Christmas!

TopJimmyCooks

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Offline Offline
    • Last login:February 06, 2024, 12:19:16 pm
    « Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 10:21:08 am »
    I saw metropolis on netflix and enjoyed it.  I like the idea of a stylized false/android Maria but don't get Yotsuya's reference to Yoshiwara?  doesn't that mean red light district?

signed- uncultured provincial.   :-[

OFF TOPIC PS if you liked Metropolis you have to see battleship potemkin/ by s. eisenstein.  very similar themes but much more in your face and gripping, for me. 

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 10:26:44 am »
    TJC-

Potemkin was the first DVD I ever bought. I've seen it scored live with a symphony orchestra. I would agree, it's a great film.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 10:44:06 am »
    Oh, and Yoshiwara IS the red light district. I would think with all the LEDs and other bling you could throw on the cabinet, it would fit in Yoshiwara just fine. Thematically, you could go with the false Maria in robot form or the "For her, all seven deadly sins" seductress Maria. Either would look cool.

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »
    SIR YES SIR! (he-he  :lol)

im really exited about the metropolis art (if you decide to go that way) especially the fritz lang version.

are you going to actually build this yourself too, or purely virtual? if you do, make sure you video document it all in your finest dungaree's!  

I'm definitely going with the Fritz Lang Metropolis theme, initially (for me) this will be a virtual build.  There may be the need for me to check some build methods as practical exercises to make sure what I'm describing is accurate though.  Once I'm done with my current real-life cab build this would be something I'd like to build myself.

I assume that wasn't directed at me, but instead to the guy who wanted you to design a cabinet that could be built with no tools. Hopefully my feedback wasn't received in any bad way because I wasn't saying it with any ill intentions and by no means was I suggesting a design by committee approach. I like the Metropolis design/theme and appreciate your time on this project.

Correct assumption Lew, sorry if you thought I was referring to your feedback.  In fact All constructive feedback is appreciated, my comments are more about any assessment of how easy it would be to build the design at this stage before I've had a chance to describe that process.   No man, you bring a huge wealth of experience to any design or build you cast your eye over, regardless of weather I agreed with any aesthetic preferences I know your intentions are good  :cheers:

If I can help in any way, let me know. Metropolis is one of my favorite films. In fact, I got the Complete Restored Version for Christmas!

Thanks man  :cheers: yeah I'm staring at my copy, a beautifully boxed edition but the one before the final released version  :'( .  You know I'm going to go out and get the same one you've got doncha?  ;)  I've been re-watching it over the years ever since the Moroder version - it just gets better on each reviewing I reckon.

I like the idea of a stylized false/android Maria

I'm going to put considerable effort into this, ironically a lot more than is needed on the cab design geometry.

Oh, and Yoshiwara IS the red light district. I would think with all the LEDs and other bling you could throw on the cabinet, it would fit in Yoshiwara just fine. Thematically, you could go with the false Maria in robot form or the "For her, all seven deadly sins" seductress Maria. Either would look cool.

I'm listening to ya with huge ears  ;D keep it coming (I'm taking notes).
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:21:39 pm by Ond »

dandare

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »
    I didn't realize you had another project on the go.

I'll have to check it out sometime  ;D

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 12:33:57 pm »
    I didn't realize you had another project on the go.

I'll have to check it out sometime  ;D

Ha ha, yeah just some light reading somewhere over on the Project Announcements

EDIT - Content removed to fit in with PBJs original post deletion.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:34:43 pm by Ond »

Unstupid

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 01:33:50 pm »

Sorry, Wasn't trying to criticize your methodology...  Was just concerned that this cab, as you have posted so far, will be more difficult to build than the majority of people on these boards can handle.  Do you plan on building one first before releasing the instruction set?  If you do, don't take 3 years to build it because I'm anxious to start one!   :lol

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »
    I was planning on building a JAMMA cocktail this summer- might have to rethink those plans.  :laugh:

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »
    Sorry, Wasn't trying to criticize your methodology...  Was just concerned that this cab, as you have posted so far, will be more difficult to build than the majority of people on these boards can handle.  Do you plan on building one first before releasing the instruction set?  If you do, don't take 3 years to build it because I'm anxious to start one!   :lol

No worries mate, I still take on board what you've said, lets revisit that once I start working through the construction steps.  I made build a little card model but no,  I want to get plans up on here asap.  I'm excited about the artwork possibilities for the theme.  I will be looking for feedback on that from people as that evolves in a collaborative way.

I was planning on building a JAMMA cocktail this summer- might have to rethink those plans.  :laugh:

I reckon this is going to be one SWEET cab design, once a fully concepted (including artwork) model goes up here I'm tipping interest levels will increase.

Brian74

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
    • Yep... I built that!!
    « Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »
    I'm still thinking dragons.. Only because I have no idea what your talking about for the theme.  :banghead:

Unstupid

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 03:36:30 pm »
    The theme is "metropolis", that's Superman's home so I'm thinking:

:D

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 10:46:32 pm »
    Infidels.

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 02:52:09 am »
    That's a great link, thanks yotsuya! For those who still are wondering, I intend to take the best of the Metropolis stylish art such as the false Maria 'robot' and the cityscape's including the New Babylon tower and work that into color, art deco artwork.

I have a question for people using imperial measurements as the first plans will be in imperial.  Can someone tell me what sizes MDF board comes in that would suit?  I have no problem with this in metric but imperial I'm not sure.  I'm assuming side panels or anything with T-molding would be 3/4 Inch?  I'd prefer to use 3/4 inch and then the next thicknesses down for other panels including CP construction i.e. the equivalent of say 16mm and 12mm board. Once I have those and the preferred board sizes to cut from, I'll get stuck in to the first cutting plan and construction steps.  
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:58:55 am by Ond »

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:February 06, 2024, 12:19:16 pm
    « Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 11:30:55 am »
    For us Yanks, MDF comes in 3/4" and 1/2" commonly-any big box home center or lumberyard.  5/8" and 1/4" are less common. 

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #61 on: March 17, 2012, 07:20:10 am »
    Thanks for the info TopJimmyCooks.  I've been working a bit more on this recently.  I've taken the basic concept and worked that into a more accurate imperial measurement plan and model.  I've deliberately shown the model with edges left unfinished i.e. not rounded off.  The bezel is now square and can be positioned either for horizontal or vertical aspect.  The plate at the front has been widened to allow for the Suzo Happ multiplayer coin door.  It can still be rear lit with LEDS or neon tubes down either edge,

I've also drawn up cutting plans taken directly from the model. The sheet sizes in the cutting plan are either 4x8 3/4" or 4x4 1/2".

I'm nearly ready to begin construction details including 'How to' diagrams which will expand on the cutting plan info.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:45:51 am by Ond »

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #62 on: March 24, 2012, 01:27:16 am »
    Before I kick off the construction diagrams, I thought I'd post a first draft of some side art.  It's a bit different from my usual style.  It may evolve slightly i.e. I might make a darker moodier version or add some cityscape above the robot Maria as a transparency. There will be art for the front panel around the coin panel, the CP and Marquee.  When they are finalised I will host Hires copies somewhere on the net for download.

I noticed at least a few downloads of the plans,  I intend to release these also in Metric format and perhaps decimal inches as well if that's useful.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:47:27 am by Ond »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 01:12:38 pm »
    Looks good, Ond, though I would prefer to see it darker as well as with the cityscape in the background.

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »
    Looks good, Ond, though I would prefer to see it darker as well as with the cityscape in the background.

Agreed.  I'm not wrapped in it myself.  Not to worry it's more of a place holder for stuff to come.  There is a concept model on page 1 of this thread which will be updated as improved art comes to hand.

dandare

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 04:16:51 pm »
    +1

its looking great though. just for fun a totally black & white (& grey) version might be nice.

jimmy2x2x

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:December 19, 2018, 01:29:48 am
    « Reply #66 on: March 25, 2012, 05:04:01 pm »
    +1

its looking great though. just for fun a totally black & white (& grey) version might be nice.

This is what I had imagined too, with the cityscape in the background

Still looks fantastic!

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #67 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »
    Thanks Guys, while the cab design in terms of geometry and construction are pretty well locked in, I'm happy to let the artwork take shape with feedback from you.  For those that aren't thrilled with the theme in general, my thinking is once the contruction details and this theme are posted, I'll consider at least one other quite different theme to release as well. 

For those interested in the Metropolis theme I have a revised version in my head along the lines of suggestions to date.

Paintwork:                dark grey and black
    T-molding and controls:  White

Artwork:                   

Primarily, shades of grey, black and a revised Maria Robot (I can't keep calling her "the false Maria"  :P ) with a less cartoony look i.e. more metal shine etc.    The one splash of colour here and there will be red.  So Grey, Black, Silver, White and Red.  I still want to aim for an art deco look overall if I can.

Cityscape in the backround for sure.  You guy's realise I have to draw up those buildings???   :lol  Captured stills from the movie or poster art etc are not good enough.  It's ok I enjoy it and wouldn't be doing it otherwise, but my hands can only work so fast.  The robot in the draft artwork is not all my own.  I downloaded a 3D model (for a small price) rather than draw that from scratch.  The author of the model had a modernized version of the face I didn't like so I redid that to match the original from the film.

The other idea I had for artwork was to have two versions of the side art.  The left side with the robot in front of cityscape and the right side with the 'transformed robot' looking like the real Maria in exactly the same pose.   It's got the whole duality thing going on if you're with me. 

More soon,  that concept model on page 1 will be like a shop mannequin with a few changes of wardrobe to come till we nail it. Metaphorically speaking  :lol

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #68 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:00 pm »
    I like the sound of the changes. Given that it's a b&w silent classic, I think the dark colors would work better.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Offline Offline
    • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:07:15 pm
    • <insert personal text here>
    « Reply #69 on: March 26, 2012, 09:38:51 pm »
    All the loading screens and should be dialog cards written in Deutch.  That'd be pimp. 

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #70 on: March 28, 2012, 02:48:11 am »
    I like the sound of the changes. Given that it's a b&w silent classic, I think the dark colors would work better.

I hesitated to go with grey paintwork, but in combination with the other colors and tones I think it's going to work well.

All the loading screens and should be dialog cards written in Deutch.  That'd be pimp. 

Interesting idea, I'll pocket this for later.   :cheers:

Let's make a start on taking the cutting plan and getting some panels out of a 4x8 sheet.  Since this whole project is very picture based I've created some basic tool set images which will be used throughout the construction steps.  These may be added to later.

Hopefully with diagrams and descriptions most people will be able to follow along.  Any methods that I'm suggesting here I have already (at some point in time) used myself, even if it's been a while  ;D.
    I won't be going over the basics of using any of these tools, that's kind of assumed.  If you're new to any of them, I recommend taking the time to learn about their use and practise on scrap timber before taking to your arcade project with them. 

We need firstly to transfer the panel dimensions from the plan to a 4x8 sheet.  The main thing here is to stay square, I  don't mean be uncool, I mean that every line you draw with a pencil from the plan (other than curves or angles) needs to remain 'square' with the sheet.  The best thing for this is a set square ruler, or T-square ruler, preferably a big one!  I have a few in my garage, including some with an edge to position against a panel edge.  The measurements can be transferred to MDF sheet by working from a reference corner.  Other than a set square, a good tape measure, a long straight timber edge and a protractor are all I'd use for this.  When we come to rounding off curves on the side panels these arcs can be marked with a pair of compasses (or just a compass for short).

When the first 4x8 sheet is drawn up we can think about roughly cutting up the sheet into smaller more manageable panels.  Even though I do have a saw table, I wouldn't try to cut up a sheet that size with it.  Before I ever had a saw table I just had a cheap circular saw.  I'd either use the fence on the saw (the guide attachment) of I'd use a straight piece of timber, clamped down to run the saw base along for a straight edge.  In this instance we'll use both the jigsaw and circular saw to divide up the 4x8 sheet.  The drill comes in handy to drill some holes at junctions in the cutting lines to put the jigsaw blade into.

The first panels we'll concentrate on are the side panels of the cab, everything kind of follows on from getting these prepared. We'll come back to the other smaller panels later on.

Obviously with a saw bench the next steps would be easier, but as I said, with some patience,some clamps and the straight edge you can make most of the cuts with just a hand held power saw.  The shorter cuts near the Bezel area should just be cut as closely as possible to the pencil lines with the jigsaw.  Leave about 3/4" outside of lines which intersect but which will later be routed to a smooth curve.  The next few diagrams help to explain what I'm on about here.

So we have a panel now which has been accurately cut along pencil lines where possible and rough cut near other lines where necessary.  Time to prop the panel up on a bench or table and switch to the router!  Many routers (but not all) have a base plate with one straight edge, in the same way we used the straight timber edge and clamps with a saw, we can also use a router to cut precise straight edges.  First we're using just a standard straight bit in a 1/2" collet.

Important!-This cab design does have rounded off inner and outer corners.  We need to leave something to refine into a curve later, mainly in this area here.

Once all the remaining edges are routed cleanly along the pencil guidelines we can focus on rounding off those corners.  At this point there are a number of options.  People confident with a router can just choose to free hand cut very near an (marked with a compass) arc pencil line and then sand this down to a final curve.  This would be my approach.  I get within a few mil *cough* err I mean fractions of an inch of the line and then take a small paint can wrapped in rough grade sandpaper and just hone an inner arc. Outside corners I'd route away most of the material sand and then refine with a mechanical sander, or hand sand with a sanding block.  An alternative approach is to first make a thin (1/4") template of an arc and then use a flush trim bit to cut out the arc on the panel.  Either way we want clean curves on these areas as well around the top of the cab.  The T-molding is going to go nicely around these.

Side panels nearly done!  We only need one accurately cut panel which we can clamp over the top of the other rough sawn panel and using a flush trim router bit make a duplicate panel from. TIP!-Trim the remaining panel as close as possible to the cutting line with a jigsaw first, this will make the routers work (and yours!) much easier.

I totally managed to leave the clamps out of that diagram, always remember to clamp the pieces together firmly for this type of work. TIP!-Use pieces of plywood between the surface of your panel and clamps to prevent denting the surface.

Next up we'll look at the first joinery of the main panels.

:cheers:

Ond

P.S. Remember to check out the concept render of the finished cab design on page 1, that will continue to be updated as I complete the artwork.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 03:57:36 am by Ond »

GregD

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
      • Arcade Nebula
    « Reply #71 on: March 28, 2012, 04:34:48 pm »
    I really like the design of this cabinet.  Not too slim and not too deep.  I think I want to build it.  I have a couple of people asking me to build a cabinet for them.  I will run this by them.

alfonzotan

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:November 28, 2023, 08:39:45 am
      • The Cab With No Name
    « Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 09:35:50 am »
    That instruction page is really nice.  Wish I'd had that for a reference a year ago!

Notyou

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:July 24, 2012, 04:45:21 pm
    « Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 12:19:18 pm »
    I am need to the forum and the scene.  I'm doing research to build my first cabinet and came across this thread.  This is exactly what I'm looking for.  So, for all that is right and just in the world please tell me this thread isn't dead?

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Offline Offline
    • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:07:15 pm
    • <insert personal text here>
    « Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012, 01:59:09 pm »
    I am need to the forum and the scene.  I'm doing research to build my first cabinet and came across this thread.  This is exactly what I'm looking for.  So, for all that is right and just in the world please tell me this thread isn't dead?

It's not dead, it just got rolling.  Breathe. Ond will not let you down. 

You hear that Ond?  Don't F this up!

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. 

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 09:46:43 pm »
    I am need to the forum and the scene.  I'm doing research to build my first cabinet and came across this thread.  This is exactly what I'm looking for.  So, for all that is right and just in the world please tell me this thread isn't dead?

Welcome to the forum Notyou, this thread is anything but dead.  I'll be adding the next content to it over the coming weekend.  As Le Chuck puts it I'll try not to "F it up."  ;)

Ond
    « Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:01:49 pm by Ond »

Notyou

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:July 24, 2012, 04:45:21 pm
    « Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »
    Great to hear.  I thought I was about to have some puzzle pieces in my garage and no clue how to put them together.

It's hard in this to hobby not get way ahead of yourself.  I was looking at LED controllers today and thought of some ideas that may be borderline tacky.  One thing I was thinking was having the buttons light up which are supported on a specific game and other such ideas.

GregD

• Offline Offline
    • Last login:December 17, 2015, 02:26:41 pm
      • Arcade Nebula
    « Reply #77 on: April 12, 2012, 12:41:34 pm »

It's hard in this to hobby not get way ahead of yourself.  I was looking at LED controllers today and thought of some ideas that may be borderline tacky.  One thing I was thinking was having the buttons light up which are supported on a specific game and other such ideas.

This is commonly done.

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
    • Santoro
    • Trade Count: (+32)
    • Offline Offline
    • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
    • Boycott Quarters!!!
      • ArcadeReplay!
    « Reply #78 on: April 14, 2012, 09:50:45 am »
    Love the design Ond. If I needed another cab I'd build this in a heartbeat.

Ond

• Offline Offline
    « Reply #79 on: April 15, 2012, 10:56:14 am »
    Love the design Ond. If I needed another cab I'd build this in a heartbeat.

Thanks Santoro,  

it's great that some people are showing an interest in this, I hope to have the next construction steps up in the next few days.

Ond