Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'  (Read 107274 times)

Chilifry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'
« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
Recently finished my OND cab.  This is my first build and it took about three months to complete working primarily on weekends when time permitted.  I learned how to use a router on this project so there were more than a few mistakes made throughout the process!

Thanks to OND for sharing his plans and inspiring me to give this a shot.  Another big thanks to edge929 for sharing the details of his build.  This proved to be very helpful given that I based my build on his CP mod.
Nice work mate, looks great!

Thanks vaderag!  By the way, I saw your post about the marquee and thought I would share what I ended up doing.  I had some challenges here too and wasn't sure how I wanted to secure it to the cab.  I wanted easy access to the light behind it so I ended up buying floor tile edging (link provided), cut it to length (top and bottom) and secured them to the cabinet using industrial velcro.  Plexi fits perfectly between the two pieces and the velcro holds the edging in place really well.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Custom-Building-Products-Polished-Chrome-Anodized-5-16-in-x-98-1-2-in-Aluminum-R-Round-Bullnose-Tile-Edging-Trim-H8711BDC98/206449090
Interesting... I'm struggling to picture it tho... Would you mind providing a close up pic? At the moment after spending nearly 30 on aluminium I'm not going to use I'm leaning towards the tape option!!

Sure thing....hope this clarifies what I was talking about

vaderag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Building my own cab :)
Re: Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'
« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2016, 04:01:58 am »
Awesome, thank you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31