Main > Main Forum

Build an OND designed cab 'Metropolis'

(1/143) > >>

Ond:
For a while now I've been thinking about drawing up complete plans for an upright cab and creating artwork for said cab and providing here free for others to build.  I'm up to my eyeballs in my own project and won't be starting anything new until at least the physical build is completed. 

In the past I've provided a few concepts here and there for other peoples ideas such as Epyx's Aliens cab and some others which those guys have gone on to build (or will be building).  My idea is to produce a 'traditional' design which is not overly complicated i.e. nothing like the Astro cab and with clear step by step instructions for construction.  I would also provide Hi-Res artwork or probably more likely vector artwork (this depends on a few things). Why would I do this?  As a way to give something back to the forum and so I can live vicariously through someone building my design of course  ;D.  No strings attached just an OND complete cabinet-package for those folks interested.  If I get some genuine interest I'll go ahead and put something together.

:cheers:

Ond

dandare:
WOW! are you serious!

That sounds like an amazing and very thoughtful idea (you big softy  ;D).

I'm interested!

saint:

--- Quote from: Ond on March 06, 2012, 01:04:12 am ---For a while now I've been thinking about drawing up complete plans for an upright cab and creating artwork for said cab and providing here free for others to build.  I'm up to my eyeballs in my own project and won't be starting anything new until at least the physical build is completed. 

In the past I've provided a few concepts here and there for other peoples ideas such as Epyx's Aliens cab and some others which those guy's have gone on to build (or will be building).  My idea is to produce a 'traditional' design which is not overly complicated i.e. nothing like the Astro cab and with clear step by step instructions for construction.  I would also provide Hi-Res artwork or probably more likely vector artwork (this depends on a few things). Why would I do this?  As a way to give something back to the forum and so I can live vicariously through someone building my design of course  ;D.  No strings attached just an OND complete cabinet-package for those folks interested.  If I get some genuine interest I'll go ahead and put something together.

:cheers:

Ond

--- End quote ---

Awesome sauce!  You should totally do this.

leapinlew:
I've built a ton of cabs and I'm interested!

Are we talking CRT or LCD?

GregD:
Great idea.  If this was available a few months ago I would have absolutely used it....as long as it was a slim LCD design.  Hey, maybe a design that could be modified for CRT and LCD just by removing/adding depth?  The artwork would have been huge for me.  That is what really held me up.  As a woodworker I could handle the design and construction of the cabinet without a problem.  It was the design of the control panel and the creation of the template and artwork that took forever and is holding up the build.  There is a shortage of downloadable control panel designs that someone can use and just drop a background image on and then send to get printed. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version