Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RAM Controls  (Read 205191 times)

1500points

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 01:44:12 pm
    • How to succeed at Robotron
Re: RAM Controls
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2017, 01:25:04 pm »
I had one of those yoke interfaces that I got for $75 from a KLOV member via PM years back.
Got a cab all set up with a real yoke....and MAME was a huge let down in how it played.  Really squirrely.
Sold it all on ebay.  which left me with the impression that Star Wars requires the real deal to be enjoyable.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2017, 10:37:28 am »

All that said, I understand why people are still so tempted to fall for these scams.  I have quite a few of those parts and they are really, really good parts.  I don't buy for one minute that the guy actually manufactured them.  He had to have found a cache of NOS parts somewhere.  The Major Havoc roller, for instance, is awesome.  As long as people want those Atari vector era parts these scams are going to keep coming back.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2017, 04:39:17 am »
I had one of those yoke interfaces that I got for $75 from a KLOV member via PM years back.
Got a cab all set up with a real yoke....and MAME was a huge let down in how it played.  Really squirrely.
Sold it all on ebay.  which left me with the impression that Star Wars requires the real deal to be enjoyable.

It requires calibrating. http://www.aaarpinball.com/ASW/ASW.htm Probably every game you use a yoke for needs it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:45:42 am by Mr. Peabody »

1500points

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 01:44:12 pm
    • How to succeed at Robotron
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2017, 09:33:51 am »

It requires calibrating. http://www.aaarpinball.com/ASW/ASW.htm Probably every game you use a yoke for needs it.

Yah i went thru that from the manual when I refurbed the yoke and installed new pots and gears.

Doesn't fix the crappy gameplay emulation of MAME though.

UPDATE Oct-  The Ultimarc A-Pac will work as an alternative.  The Star Wars yoke pots are recognized by the A-Pac as the Joystick X and Y Axis.  You'll need to build a proper connector to plug n play with the yoke.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:55:06 pm by 1500points »

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2018, 09:43:08 am »
FWIW this piece of work has re-surfaced on KLOV as "Level99" ... selling harnesses and other various RAM parts.  Based out of Rancho Cucamonga.  KLOV has all the details.
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:17 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2022, 12:23:28 am »
FWIW this piece of work has re-surfaced on KLOV as "Level99" ... selling harnesses and other various RAM parts.  Based out of Rancho Cucamonga.  KLOV has all the details.

This thread deserves to live in the forefront for noobs for all eternity...

And also on Etsy and ebay apparently too.

I spent 4 years trying to assemble parts to build a real Paperboy yoke while avoiding getting parts from this guy, who took a lotmof money from people and never shipped what they paid for.

I finally got almost all of the parts (all from other places) but I learned to be wary of the names...

AlexAlexanderLucas
Myepicgaragesale
arcadegametech

The last claims he just bought this stuff from Travis unwittingly and is reselling it, but that has been a standard ploy with that guy all along, and either way it is largely other people's parts then anyway, so hard to believe at this point.

Just keeping the hate alive!
 :cheers:

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.