Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Low Voltages on Grayhound Crane/ Joystick Microswitches  (Read 1981 times)

meyrlbird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2012, 04:09:20 pm
Low Voltages on Grayhound Crane/ Joystick Microswitches
« on: March 05, 2012, 12:21:51 am »
Trying to find anyone who might know these machines better than I.. I have been gifted a Grayhound Jumbo crane.. Got everything going except directional control during game op from the joystick.. The drop button works fine and is measuring 4.98v of 5v, it's the other micros that are reading between 2.1v-3.1v.. Checked the PS and it is giving out 11.5v.. everything else is perfect.. Car and truck return to base as specified so I know all the wiring to the car and motors is perfect... Not sure if it is the CPU board causing the problem or the Control board- Switched the diode chips around in the control board with no avail... Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Love you long time!!

knohbody

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2019, 11:49:53 pm
Re: Low Voltages on Grayhound Crane/ Joystick Microswitches
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:54 am »
This post may help. One of the links is for a manual that has self test procedures in it.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89370.0

meyrlbird

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
ordered new 373's... we'll see if that does the trick.. THANKS :)

meyrlbird

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 04:12:28 am »
The good news is that the 373 did solve the low voltages at the stick but now she's not starting gameplay... Guess I fried something during replacement... New cpu board ordered  :( >:D :badmood:

knohbody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:04:30 pm »
You might check your dipswitches. Dunno if the manual from the other thread is for your version or not, but it says the dipswitch 8 toggles selftest/normal play. I'd make sure it's in the correct position for normal play and make sure the solder joints are good.

meyrlbird

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 02:07:07 am »
You are correct... I woke up thinking dipswitches... 8 wasn't on like I thought it would be, BUT I had messed with the pay and time switches and I guess it wigged the logic out.. Set everything back to what it was when she was partially functioning and what do you know! I do like the replacement board though, it has sockets for all its chips (EASY)!!
Also, I had a replacement joystick laying around and the controls are so much smoother now.. LIKE NEW! Thanks guys for all the help! :) :) :) :) :)

knohbody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 08:59:49 am »
Awesome! Glad you got it working!