Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Ducksan Type 55 - Merit Megatouch XL Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

grantspain:
reading the HOT centre leg to the heatshield should give a reading like a diode,open circuit with the probes connected one way round and something like 0.504 the other way

yotsuya:
Thanks, I'll try it tonight. If I get no reading, should I then presume the HOT is bad? Is that something I can replace?

grantspain:

--- Quote from: yotsuya on February 28, 2012, 09:41:21 am ---Thanks, I'll try it tonight. If I get no reading, should I then presume the HOT is bad? Is that something I can replace?

--- End quote ---
well as long as you are reading the correct transistor,if its faulty expect dead short both ways
yes its something very easy to change as long as you know how to solder and how to discharge a crt and remove a monitor chassis safely

yotsuya:
Unless this monitor has a self-discharging function, I'm not sure that power's getting to the tube. I get nothing when I remove the anode cap, even if it was just plugged in a minute earlier. I would expect something. There's no glow, no static- I have a decased 19" CRT in one of my cabs and you know when that  :censored: is turned on.

I just wish I knew what the source of that buzz was.

grantspain:
the buzz is possibly a transformer under load

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version