Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ninja Monkeys (Completed with Video)  (Read 30167 times)

jammin0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2023, 08:15:17 pm
Ninja Monkeys (Completed with Video)
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:42:51 am »
I just cut out some side panels for a slim build.  I'm using plans from markc74's Terminus build.  Here's a link to his original build:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=92156.0

After cutting out the side panels the cab feels a little bit small.  (I'm 6'3")  The sides are about 70".  I was thinking about just building up the base a little bit like in the drawing here.  Any thoughts?  

I am thinking about using the same black on white on black look like the original but doing something different with the graphics.

Thanks to mark for providing his sketchup plans.  You rock.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:39:44 pm by jammin0 »

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
Re: Shameless Terminus Copy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:29 am »
Sweet.  Love that design.  Good start so far - those curves aren't easy to cut!

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:38:54 pm »
Cool design and good looking profile. 

alfonzotan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2023, 08:39:45 am
    • The Cab With No Name
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:16:47 pm »
Extra credit for having the 'nads to try and copy Terminus, easily my favorite slim cab design.  I sure didn't have the nerve (or the chops) to even take a swing at that one.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:14:12 pm »
The addition to the bottom makes the cab look alot better.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:56 pm »
The addition to the bottom makes the cab look alot better.

That's funny because am thinking about extending the bottom purely out of necessity after cutting out the sides and not realizing how short it was and how the angles would be off for me. 

Had time to sand down the curves really well and then route the side pieces with the slot cutter.  I'm kind of flying by the seat of my pants since this is really my first cab.  I'm thinking about putting in some supports for monitor, bezel, marquee, and then putting on the top and partial piece of the back.  Then I'll build the entire base and stack them together.  I'll leave a decent opening on the back that I can bolt the wood on to serve as an access panel for both the monitor and the and the PC that will be housed in the base.

I'm waiting until last to do the control panel so I haven't purchased joysticks or buttons yet but am thinking about u360's so that I can play a few newer PC games.  I also like the idea of using the joystick as a mouse in Windows 7 in a pinch.  I don't plan on having an keyboard or mouse because I think they make it a little bit tacky and there isn't really a ton of room in a slim cab.  I can always use VNC on my iPad to mouse and type as well.

I already have the computer and a 28" LCD monitor.  The PC is a C2Duo E6600 with 2 gigs of ram and a Geforce 210 with 512 of DDR3 ram.  Unfortunately my 2 year old 320GB hard drive just died and so I need to get another one but almost pooed myself when I saw HDD prices right now.  I picked up a 2 TB external for my Xbox 360 at Christmas time for $60 and now that won't even get me a 500 GB. 

I want to find an over under coin door to put in it but I'm not really willing to fork out a ton for it so I don't know what I'm going to do.  Hopefully I can scrounge one up locally as everything online seems to break the bank.  I might try to get a free cab off craigslist but it seems like such a waste since all I need is the coin door.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:37:46 pm »
Ordered my hard drive and hopefully I can sneak away from the kids tomorrow to get the base built and all the bracing for the inside of the side pieces.  I really love how simple the artwork is on the original terminus cab so I'm trying to copy that.  My son really, really wants ninjas so I'm thinking something like this for the marquee.  Unless. . . anyone has any better ideas. :-\

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:57:03 pm »
I had spring break this week and finally commandeered the garage for a couple of days.  Here's the progress I've made.  I'd say I'm about 75% there with the structure.  I got my u360s in the mail but I'm holding off on buttons until I have a theme/artwork.  Any ideas on that by the way?  I'm sad to say that I'm not liking any of the mockups that I've done and I'm kind of starting at scratch again.  I do have the original artwork from the terminus build with the space invaders monster but I really want to do something different, just not sure what.  Any thoughts are welcome.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:57:32 am by jammin0 »

jammin0

• Offline Offline
Re: Shameless Terminus Copy **updated 4/5**
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 09:43:45 am »
Added a few things, back panels, support for the CP section, marquee bottom with speaker holes.  I took a picture of the coin door set in there for good measure.  I started another thread when I bought the coin door, I got it off of ebay and it was missing the bezel.  I decided I would just install it without the bezel in a routed hole.  I plan on making it permanent since the slim is so shallow and the entire back is basically removable.  That way I can get in to access it from the back if I need to.  Not the most elegant solution but saved me some money in my already over budget project.  :)

Anyone have any tips for the curved front of the CP?  I was going to use MDF and kerf it but I'm starting to rethink that due to the amount of work it will take to make that look nice from the inside.  Anyone know more about that sort of thing than me and can recommend a type of wood that bends easily?  What thickness?  Etc.?

Termin8tor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2020, 01:54:23 am
Re: Shameless Terminus Copy **updated 3/30**
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 02:04:00 pm »
Looking good so far.  The Terminus has always been one of my favs.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:45 pm »
Thanks, yeah, I love how terminus has some elements of a full size cab but a little profile.  Hopefully I can get a chance to make the CP this weekend and then maybe even fill, sand and prime.  Maybe the northwest rain will let up for some working outside.

Termin8tor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2020, 01:54:23 am
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 01:24:39 pm »
you spoke too soon, I've just applied my first undercoat to my bezel and it starts raining  :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:45:41 am by Termin8tor »

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 03:53:12 am »
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see this finished...
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

jammin0

• Offline Offline
Re: Shameless Terminus Copy **updated 4/7**
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 10:25:00 pm »
We had the first actual, honest to goodness sunny and warm day here in the Portland, Oregon area since who knows when.  It has to have been at least 4 or 5 months.  I don't know if this helped me work on my build or hurt me since we did a lot of other things today.  Anyway, did a couple of things.  Got the parts cut out for the CP.  I finally did a curve the smart way, this was waaaayyyy better than trying to cut it out with the jigsaw which I had contemplated.

Thought about bending some wood for the CP front but settled on just doing some kerfing with my 3/4" MDF.  It turned out pretty good in the end.  I'm happy with it at least and it only took me 15 or 20 minutes so I'll call it a success.  Hoping that I can get to painting next weekend and then all that will be left is the artwork, and wiring everything up.  I've been thinking about a LEGO starwars/batman/indiana jones/harry potter type theme but I'm not sure I can pull it off to my liking.  I'm sticking with the simplicity of the original terminus and only going to have CP and marquee artwork.  Once again, any ideas are welcome.  ;D

TopJimmyCooks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:18:39 pm
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 04:14:52 pm »
Very nice work on the curved front of the CP. 

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 07:47:36 pm »
Thanks, props go to markc on his original terminus.  His looked a bit more clean than mine but hopefully I can do his design justice in the end.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 10:58:04 am »
Anyone have any experience with souldraw.com.  I read one post on the forum about it and after checking it out it seems pretty legit and cheap.  I'm thinking about doing my marquee and CP overlay using the backlit PVC material.  Seems like it would diffuse the light better in my marquee then just normal paper and it seems more substantial and thick for the overlay.  Here's a picture of the material with a backlight. 

I just got a quote for $34 shipped for 10sqft of printing.  That's the minimum order.  Also $14 of that is shipping so if you were ordering more it is only costing about $2 a square foot.  They have adhesive vinyl and all other types of materials as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:59:40 am by jammin0 »

AGarv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2016, 07:29:18 pm
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 09:47:59 pm »
Very nice thus far!  Makes me want to start on my own shameless terminus copy. :)

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 12:22:52 am »
Very nice thus far!  Makes me want to start on my own shameless terminus copy. :)
Thanks, you should do it.  It's actually pretty straight forward the hardest part has just bee the curved front.  I actually took a step backwards with mine.  I was working on the monitor mount (which I did get in so the wasn't a complete loss) anyway, I hadn't secured that front on yet, it was just being clamped in place.  Well, I kind of forgot that, bumped it hard, had that CP front all out and crack on the floor.  I've been trying to repair it but need to jut break down and cut and build it again.  I filled and sanded the rest so with any luck and sunshine I hope to at least prime this weekend still.  I need to get the holes cut out of the back panels for some fans and redo the front and then it will be ready for paint.

Other things left to do:
Choose color scheme, paint, order buttons and artwork
Get glass and back paint for bezel
Mount fans and CPU components (this will not look as pretty as some)
Finish up a few front end things
Mount speakers
Cut plexiglass and mount to cp and marquee
Order t-molding and slap it on

Wow, that list is a little overwhelming, might take me a few more months.

ZZleeZZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2020, 11:41:26 am
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 07:19:40 am »
Keeping a close eye on this myself. Had started a cab that was more like a custom vewlix style but was not happy with the finish I was heading towards so scrapped that and have been looking around for inspiration. This looks like a great cab to build, strikes the right balance between traditional lines and more modern needs.

You said you got the Sketchup plans from Mark? Any chance you could point me towards where you got them? I've searched all over and can only find the original 3dx format, don't seem to be able to import that into Sketchup.

What kind of paint are you intending to use on the body of the cab? Im thinking of laminating mine instead, seems expensive at first glance but I have found that paint is not as cheap as I thought and the difference in price and quality of finish is swinging me towards laminate. And that's in the UK where laminate is pretty hard to get hold of and seems even more expensive than others have said for other parts of the world.

Anyway, keep up the great work, blaze a nice trail for me :)

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 10:49:27 am »
Yeah, if it weren't for cost and then the fact that I haven't ever done laminate and it might turn out horrible I love how it looks.  Definitely avoids all the headache of painting.  I'm going to try and spray on some latex based paint this time, hopefully it comes out even and nice.  I think that I am going to steer clear of the gloss finish because that shows mistakes in paint more.  Here's some files that I came up with.  Hopefully Mark doesn't mind.  The sketchup file is for viewing only(maybe some one with more skills can make lines and faces out of it), I just took the original 3d file and got it in there.  The original was pretty obviously built around the monitor and had very little wiggle room.  I scaled it up a bit to make the measurements match inches/feet a little bit better and I figured it would give me a little bit more wiggle room around the monitor.  I also added height to the base.  I'm a pretty tall guy though so the control panel ends up fairly high for me.  Just beware of that if you start making yours any taller, it might be better to extend the sides at the top so that the control panel sits closer to the same.  I actually added about 5" to the overall height of everything and it seems to fit me just right.

I get my MDF from home depot.  There happens to be a guy who used to work in a cabinet shop who can actually measure and make straight cuts so I always go when it isn't too busy and he will be there and he will do the majority of my cuts.  I'll include a rough sketch of the cuts for you, I can explain more if they aren't obvious enough.  After that I just measured with the tape measure tool in sketchup and came up with most everything else.  CP, bottom of marquee, back panels are all about 27."  That gives about 1/2" on each side of the monitor when mounted too if using the same 28 incher.  

I had to zip the sketchup file to get it under 2MB.  I'm on my work MAC so let me know if you have any weird problems opening it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:37:22 pm by jammin0 »

ZZleeZZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2020, 11:41:26 am
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »
Wow! Thanks man!

Made my life a little easier with the sketchup plans. Although when AGarv and I start making our versions of this you will have to come up with a topic title for us along the lines of Shameless :)

Going back to the laminate vs paint topic, I urge you to look really carefully at how much paint is realistically going to cost. Then weigh that up with the fact it will NEVER come out perfect, and although nobody will ever see the imperfections you will know they are there (this is all assuming you are not another godlike Ond...) against the knowledge that laminate is relatively easy to use and will be much more durable. Ive been through this process making a custom stool out of MDF for sitting at the arcade machine, did this as a way of getting some experience of painting and getting a good finish. I went through 3 different types of paint before deciding that rolling was just not going to look good enough no matter what kind of paint I used (by the way, I used to be a professional painter and decorator!). I ended up trying auto spray cans, and yes it does look good and shiny. The thing that has finally decided my mind on laminate is that the stool already has some scratches on it....

The pain I went through getting that thing to look good I was worth it in the end but only to show me that if I went to massive effort to spray a cab to a perfect finish and then someone scratched it I would be mortified.

Thanks for all the info on height and measurements, all very useful to me. I'm 3" shorter than you so I think I will have to compromise between yours and the originals.

In the UK the best place I can get to for MDF cutting is B&Q. They have a decent cutting service there if you dont expect them to actually cut to exact measurements. I always make them cut it a fraction bigger and then route it to the correct size at home. The only reason I ask them to cut it at all is so it will fit in my car :)

I have a couple of other jobs to finish before I can get my teeth into mine by which time the weather here should be a bit better. Pretty certain this is the cab for me though, and really looking forward to seeing them start to pop up all over the place :)

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 04:43:00 pm »
Yeah, I'll have to do laminate on my next one.  I made a pedestal first and swore that I wouldn't make anything else.  Now I'm in the middle of this build, I can admit that it probably won't be my last.  It's a little bit addictive.

Anyone out there have any experience with pcb etching.  I'm working on the circuit for my cabinet back lighting.  On my second try, the toner transfer method worked pretty nicely for me except I'm having a hard time cleaning the toner from the board now.  It came off of the copper easily enough so the board will still work fine, it just looks a bit ugly now.  I've tried nail polish remover and paint thinner.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
small update
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 08:19:34 pm »
Got the first layer of primer on.  This is not Ond worthy work but hopefully it will turn out ok.  I used a sprayer to put on the primer and just used Gliden latex primer.  Has a little bit of a texture to it so I need to sand it down really well now.  The plan is to just roll on the final colors using a foam roller.  Still not super sure on color and theme.  I'm all over the place on it.  I'm starting to second guess the black and white.  I plan to use glass in front of the monitor and back paint a bezel using vinyl sticker to mask it out since I have a vinyl cutter.  The glass will sit right on the original monitor bezel so it should be pretty close up.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2012, 09:15:26 pm »
I love all the curves you have going on.  That coin area looks awesome as well.  Nice work.   :cheers:

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 12:25:09 pm »
I love all the curves you have going on.  That coin area looks awesome as well.  Nice work.   :cheers:
Thanks, I can't take any credit on the design though.  Your tron build is going to be pretty sweet.  Ever since I saw neon mame I think that it is all about the lighting.  Unless you have serious skills in a la ond for design then each cab needs something to set it apart.  Anyway, yours rocks.  Hopefully my backlighting turns out, just waiting for my Pcb drill bits in the mail.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:27 pm »
Here is a small update.

Did some painting and got the cooling going.  Am I being a little bit overkill with the fans?  I've got 2 12cm fans for intake and 2 for exhaust.  I figure that there isn't a ton of room inside and I'm worried about air circulation.  Left the speakers in their cases so that they would sound better.  They are $6 second hand radio shack speakers.  They must be from the 70's or 80's but they put out a lot of sound and have some decent sized drivers.

AGarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 04:58:12 pm »
I had to zip the sketchup file to get it under 2MB.  I'm on my work MAC so let me know if you have any weird problems opening it.

Love this project, any updates?

Thanks jammin for posting the SketchUp plans and board cuts!  Are the dimensions in the SketchUp plans the originals from Mark, and the board cuts for your taller build?

I am thinking about my own "shameless" using a Dell U3011 30" 16:10 monitor that I already have - although sadly that monitor is about 1/4" too wide for the current plans, so some sketchup tweaks are in order.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
Re: Shameless Terminus Copy **minor update 4/22**
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 10:37:59 pm »
Just did a small update today.  Sketchup didn't import the dimensions at all from the original 3d file.  I just made it approximately the same.  The board cuts that I used were for my taller version.  Shouldn't be too hard to blow out the sides a little bit.   A 30" would look sweet.

technomane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2021, 12:02:47 pm
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:16 am »
Just did a small update today.  Sketchup didn't import the dimensions at all from the original 3d file.  I just made it approximately the same.  The board cuts that I used were for my taller version.  Shouldn't be too hard to blow out the sides a little bit.   A 30" would look sweet.

I think that a 30'' lcd is bigger for the terminus; it's internal width (do not consider the 2 sides) is 68 cm. (26.77'') !

edekoning

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2022, 02:21:38 pm
Re: Shameless Terminus Copy **updated 4/5**
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:16 pm »
I plan on making it permanent since the slim is so shallow and the entire back is basically removable.  That way I can get in to access it from the back if I need to.  Not the most elegant solution but saved me some money in my already over budget project.  :)

I see that the back is made up of multiple smaller panels. Can they all be removed, or are some fixed? Also what did you use to make them removable, insert nuts, magnets?

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »
Yeah, I'll try and get some pictures of the back in the next little while.

I used nut inserts and then the panels just bolt on from the back.

The top will remove to allow access to the monitor and the PC components will all be bolted down to the bottom panel.  I kind of wish I had done like the original build and hinged the bottom so that I could just fold out the back and work on the PC components.  There is an additional brace that is permanent at about 5 or 7 inches on both the top and bottom of the cabinet.

edekoning

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2022, 02:21:38 pm
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 05:11:20 am »
I was planning on doing something similar: small fixed panels at the bottom, middle, top; and two large removable panels in between. But unlike your build I'll have my pc components on a removable shelf.

Anyway, the back is usually not detailed in most builds that I have seen. And even when it is, its either fixed or a large door. So some pictures would be much appreciated  ;D

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 10:26:45 am »
Apologize in advance for the crappy ipad picture but here is the installed coin door.  Didn't have anything to match the curve on my cutout so I went more square.  I figured it would look better being uniform than having a bumpy curve.  The fit was pretty tight where I ended up pounding it in with a rubber mallet.  Pretty much permanent now unless I get from the other side and pound it out.  What do you guys think?  Feel free to critique but I'm not going to change it now. :D

Would have looked better with the door frame but I'm ok with not putting more money into this project.  I'm at about $400 all in right now and have about $100 to go for tmolding, buttons, and plexi.  Oh yeah, and then there's the graphics still.  :)  Better off not adding it up eh?  I can't believe how much some of the people on this forum spend on their cabs.  I guess it's a hobby, no looking back.  

I'm really pleased with how the paint is turning out.  My last pedestal project I was set on using a glossy finish.  It worked ok but then didn't hold up the best.  Attracted fingerprints and dust like no one's business.  I went with a satin paint from Home Depot, Glidden brand.  It has a nice thick and smooth finish after 1 coat of primer and 3 coats of paint.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:29:01 am by jammin0 »

AGarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 02:09:00 pm »
Glad to hear you are digging the paint.  I laminated the sides of a cab years ago and really liked the results.  However, when it went into storage a few scuffs made it onto the laminate.  If it was paint, a spot touch-up or even follow-on coat over the entire side would have been easy.  With the laminate, I just had to deal with the scuff, so there are definite up-sides to paint!

BTW how does the cab/panel height feel now that you have it mostly assembled (although maybe not on wheels yet?)  I'm around your height, but am wondering if smaller folks (e.g. my 5'4" fiance) might struggle with the controls.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »
It's a little bit tall.  CP height is really the only thing that might be too tall for smaller players.  The cab itself is great at about 75" tall.  The angle on the screen isn't too extreme either so I'm sure that the viewing angles will be fine from lower.  I have two taller stools so I guess I wasn't really thinking about anyone but myself and figure that anyone can jump on a stool to play if it is uncomfortable.  My wife is about 5'6" so I'll have her do a test run once I get the controls all up. 

I'm just putting some feet to level it and not going with casters since it will spend it's life on carpet.  Actually, being a slim it isn't even too heavy.  I can heft the whole thing if I've eaten my wheaties for the day.  I would estimate it at between 150-200 lbs. with all 3/4" MDF.

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:34 pm »
Anyway, the back is usually not detailed in most builds that I have seen. And even when it is, its either fixed or a large door. So some pictures would be much appreciated  ;D

zato1ch1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2016, 07:32:29 pm
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 09:50:17 pm »
This is coming along beautifully.  :applaud: I too am planning to build a Terminus clone, and I'm also 6'3", and was a bit concerned with the shorter height of the cab. I'll be following your progress, good sir. Though, I may just extend the side panels to hit the floor...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:53:23 pm by zato1ch1 »

jammin0

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2012, 01:22:29 am »
This is coming along beautifully.  :applaud: I too am planning to build a Terminus clone, and I'm also 6'3", and was a bit concerned with the shorter height of the cab. I'll be following your progress, good sir. Though, I may just extend the side panels to hit the floor...

Yeah, I think I mentioned earlier that my decision to not extend the sides down was poor planning.  The sides weren't tall enou on their own.

Ok, I might get some criticism for this one but I'm scrounging to finish this project and all tapped out at the moment.  Instead of putting in a trackball I decided that I am going to put in a trackpad that I salvaged from an old laptop.  The little sucker had 14 wires but I somehow managed to find the 4 required wires for the ps/2 interface and I think it is going to be cool.  Right?

AGarv

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 11:52:22 am »
Trackballs are awesome!  The trackball on my old dynamo conversion has gotten a lot of loving use.  I think playing trackball games like centipede or missile command with a trackpad would be difficult, and would also probably confuse friends/relatives sitting down to enjoy themselves on your cab.

You sure you can't spring for $30 to get a 3" Betson Imperial with a ps/2 connector off of ebay (may take a little patience but they come up still) or even one of the lighted 2 1/4 USB trackballs (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-2-1-4-Trackball-MAME-PS2-Arcade-Pc-Not-HAPP-/120848605081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c23235f99) for around the same price?