Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee 99 Trackball Problems  (Read 3118 times)

bb5099

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2018, 12:52:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee 99 Trackball Problems
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:08:56 pm »
Hello Friends, very new to this. I just bought a 99 Golden Tee and the trackball seems to be oriented to the left by about 20 degrees. For example, we have been playing by a rule of thumb that to make it go straight, swing it at 1C, rather than 2B like it is supposed to be. I tried to take it apart to clean the rollers and make sure all the connections were good, but nothing changed. It works fine other than that, and it is still playable, but it is kind of a hassle to be oriented in the wrong direction and it makes putting hard. Any suggestions?

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:41:33 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Re: Golden Tee 99 Trackball Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 02:39:59 am »
Found the manual here - http://crazykong.com/manuals/GoldenTee99.man.pdf

Looking through it I found the below, may not be it but worth looking at.

Page 31

Issue = Trackball mounted correctly but is
swinging 45° out of line

Cause = SW1-Dip switch 3, found near the
JAMMA, is not “ON”

Solution = Make sure SW1-Dip switch 3 is “ON”.

pinballvideojuke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2024, 10:15:25 am
Re: Golden Tee 99 Trackball Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 10:56:27 am »
If it's not rolling smoothly, you could have sticky rollers or bad bearings. When trackballs wear out, they start pulling left. In fact, they roll slightly left when brand new. It's the nature of the design. If you go into test mode and watch when you roll, even if you go dead straight, it always finishes the roll going slightly left. If it's not that or the other suggestion posted, then  :dunno !