Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: strange exit behaviour in most games - groovymame bug?  (Read 2797 times)

JoeB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 11:38:08 pm
  • NES Fanatic
strange exit behaviour in most games - groovymame bug?
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:53:42 am »
I'm using 0.142 release (64bit version on XP 64).  All the games I play just FLY on my new i3 550 system (with 4GB of RAM).  But I did notice a strange problem, and was wondering what I can do to fix it.

I use Hyperspin to launch the games, when I want to exit, I press ESC, but instead of quiting, the game freezes for 3-5 seconds (audio also) and then quits.  The picture just sits there frozen, and whatever sound was playing in the game is stuck on.

Anyone else noticed this?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: strange exit behaviour in most games - groovymame bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:24:00 pm »
Have you tried if this happens with version 0.145 too?
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

JoeB

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 11:38:08 pm
  • NES Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »
update: it's not groovymame .. it's hyperspin, or more so hyperlaunch, the scripted kicker it uses.  If you disable it, all is well.  MAME uses ESC to exit, and for some reason, it doesn't detect the ESC being preset.  It finally realizes that the .EXE is no longer running, and it bring HyperSpin back.  If you disable it, all is well and fast!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:49:27 am »
update: it's not groovymame .. it's hyperspin, or more so hyperlaunch, the scripted kicker it uses.  If you disable it, all is well.  MAME uses ESC to exit, and for some reason, it doesn't detect the ESC being preset.  It finally realizes that the .EXE is no longer running, and it bring HyperSpin back.  If you disable it, all is well and fast!

Well, that's good.

I actually don't know much about the Hyperlaunch stuff. However, GroovyMAME should always be free to end on its own, otherwise it won't be able to restore the modeline information from registry and this could cause issues.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi