Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: STAR WARS MICRO Complete with video!  (Read 138841 times)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Re: STAR WARS MICRO Complete with video!
« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:50 pm »
Wow.  Well that was a lot of fun.   ;D

Thanks again to all of youse that help drum this thing up.   :applaud: :applaud: 

extendedplayarcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2018, 11:14:26 pm
  • The Games You Crave
    • Extended Play Arcade
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »
Yeah you are a inspiration for all of us  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :cheers:

Wow.  Well that was a lot of fun.   ;D

Thanks again to all of youse that help drum this thing up.   :applaud: :applaud: 

eldiau

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2023, 06:01:40 pm
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2012, 08:55:35 pm »
I'm usually very "silent" but I really have to add my congratulation! Le Chuck, you really deserve a big mug of grog!  :applaud:

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »
Nice job! A great build that deserves the attention!  :applaud:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

MameMaster!

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2020, 11:01:15 pm
  • Engage number one!
    • Mame Invaders!
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »
This is a one off art/craft project. No one will bother you for that.  :afro:
Seriously. Will it fit in my basement or what?

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2012, 01:49:42 pm »
This is a one off art/craft project. No one will bother you for that.  :afro:
You're right,  :cheers: I just don't want to accidentally cross that line from one off fan art into some independent commissions which will turn into a very modest page on Etsy or some ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- that finally gets me zapped by a property owner that wants his piece of the action. 

In other news my views swelled to over 30K combined on youtube and it's getting some late mention in some art and design circles.  I updated the blog list in the first post.  I've been told that it's not viral until I clear a half mil hits and I don't think I'm in any danger of that  ;D

melvinbates

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 11:39:02 am
  • Another day in paradise
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »
 :applaud: Awesome build. Congrats on the well deserved attention.  :applaud:

Nephasth

« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01:25 pm »
In other news my views swelled to over 30K combined on youtube and it's getting some late mention in some art and design circles.  I updated the blog list in the first post.  I've been told that it's not viral until I clear a half mil hits and I don't think I'm in any danger of that  ;D

Don't forget the 4,000+ views to this thread since yesterday.

Mr.Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2013, 09:28:37 pm
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2012, 06:54:14 am »
Insane, Great Build, Great video

I first played this game in Florida (on holiday from the UK) in 1982/83 and loved it

but this is totally out of control. I wish i had 1% of you skills.

Fantastic work, cant wait to see whats next !

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2012, 11:33:00 pm »
Got a new toy in the mail today:

vcoleiro1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2018, 09:24:38 am
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2012, 02:40:29 am »
Turned out fantastic. Great job and well done.Thanks for the mention in the credits also.

I'm sure you will get quite a few requests from people to build them one, I still get emails every day from people asking me to make them a micro cab.  I made one batch in the beginning of 7 , which turned out well, but if your like me you will want to start new challenges and projects and making cabs for others soon becomes restrictive.   So I stopped making for others, now I just provide people with some instruction points on how to make one.  Warning though, once you start doing that, be prepared to answer a whole heap of questions. People will get stuck, fry components etc etc.  Then people start to get grumpy if you fall behind in responding to them.  It's all good of course , I actually like helping people out so I like doing that.  I also had the fear of getting sued over the artwork in particular, someone actually posted on one of my vid's that I could get sued for that reason, which was another reason to not make them for others anymore. Having said that, I doubt anyone would sue for copyright.

I'm sure Bender had the same experience with people asking questions and wanting him to build them one. 

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:03 am »

Luke making the death star run. Ha!!!!  :applaud:

Uncle Monkey

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 12, 2020, 10:16:25 pm
  • P24L
    • Project Thread
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2012, 07:29:49 am »
Saw the pics w/Luke, literally LOLed..... :laugh2: :cheers:

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2012, 07:44:14 am »
Excellent project, I'm waiting to see this show up on Engadet!  :applaud:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Uncle Monkey

• Offline Offline
  • P24L
    • Project Thread
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2012, 08:23:51 am »
Excellent project, I'm waiting to see this show up on Engadet!  :applaud:
It's already there, and every other site under the sun..... :applaud:

BurgerKingDiamond

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2021, 11:12:14 am
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2012, 07:47:48 am »
wow, the scale with the figure is just perfect.
-Welcome to the Fantasy Zone.

HollywoodTX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2012, 12:45:55 am
  • Peter Mayhew Foundation/CFF
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2012, 01:30:24 pm »
Le Chuck,
I am oh so new here and it is because I am a SW fan and because I saw your Micro. I know you know this but in one word AMAZING. Now the big Question do you commission these? I know you get asked that lots but this commission would not be for a personal tuck away have just for ones self use. When I saw the encasement for the micro bells went off in my head not only because it was SW but because of the wonderful black space that looks to be crying for what i can give it..Autographs! My daughter and I have been involved with SW for some time and we do it all for charity and many of the SW cast members and they always love to help us out. I am also involved/work with many other Sci-FI conventions (celebrity access) so if you have say star trek (will be working with George T in a few weeks) and others ideas from the movies those are great also.If you like message me and I would love to tell you more. Thanks for the wonderful work you do. I hope to hear from you. ;D
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

HollywoodTX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks everybody, I know a lot of you are cross posting and helping spread this around.  It is much appreciated. 

I'm gonna drop into Klov and tell them thanks as well.  Any positive reaction out of the serpents den is worth a response  ;D

I've had a few lucrative offers come in already, I contacted a lawyer to start looking at the issue and make sure I don't slam my proverbial weenie in the screen door.  It would be a shame to actually get a cease and desist from lucasarts, and atari, and fax and...

I had this talk with Steve Sansweet not to long ago and from what I remember add that you are in no way affiliated with Lucas arts and all rights are reserved, damn wish I could remember the all of it but I do know someone who can help and keep it quiet ask the Qs w/o causing a stir (insider to LA) But from what I have seen so long as you are not selling is mass quantities and G.L will most likely be impressed.
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2012, 02:23:38 pm »
Thanks V, updated list:

As seen on: Extended Play Arcade, The Verge, Uber Gizmo, Time Magazine Blog, Geeky Gadgets, Technabob, Hackaday, USA Today, Gizmodo, The Aussie version of Gizmodo, Engadget, TechBlog, Redux, Games Industry, Tech Gatherer,  Arie's World, Walyou, Console Hardware News, Devil Dinosaur, Gadget Sin, Obvious Winner, Yahoo!, Geko Geek, The Daily What, Game Tyrant, Kit Guru, Design Buzz, Design Boom, KLOV, Geek, Geeks Are Sexy, Gadget Review, The Foce.Net, Hard Core Gamer, DCemu UK and Gamopat also IGN, My Top Trailer, and a few other youtube channels have picked it up.

I left out some of the forums that people have kindly cross posted to and any of those news bot sites. 

SammyWI

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2022, 07:58:00 pm
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »
So I see you haven't done much with that Caanoo I sold you, so how about I buy it back?  You don't even need to take it out of that strange case you have, I'll take it as is.  Same price as before? 

OK, I had to try.   :dunno

Seriously, it turned out awesome.  And thanks for the mention in the credits.  :cheers:

Uncle Monkey

• Offline Offline
  • P24L
    • Project Thread
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »
So I see you haven't done much with that Caanoo I sold you, so how about I buy it back?  You don't even need to take it out of that strange case you have, I'll take it as is.  Same price as before? 

OK, I had to try.   :dunno

Seriously, it turned out awesome.  And thanks for the mention in the credits.  :cheers:
:laugh2:

HollywoodTX

• Offline Offline
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2012, 01:00:14 pm »
Thanks V, updated list:

As seen on: Extended Play Arcade, The Verge, Uber Gizmo, Time Magazine Blog, Geeky Gadgets, Technabob, Hackaday, USA Today, Gizmodo, The Aussie version of Gizmodo, Engadget, TechBlog, Redux, Games Industry, Tech Gatherer,  Arie's World, Walyou, Console Hardware News, Devil Dinosaur, Gadget Sin, Obvious Winner, Yahoo!, Geko Geek, The Daily What, Game Tyrant, Kit Guru, Design Buzz, Design Boom, KLOV, Geek, Geeks Are Sexy, Gadget Review, The Foce.Net, Hard Core Gamer, DCemu UK and Gamopat also IGN, My Top Trailer, and a few other youtube channels have picked it up.

I left out some of the forums that people have kindly cross posted to and any of those news bot sites. 

It has also been see and re posted from my post on facebook by good friend young Boba Daniel Logan and a few others...BTW he wants one  ;D

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »
HollywoodTX - Baby Boba Fett wants one huh?  Word.   

Bender and Vcoleiro1 - You both got linked and mentioned in this clip about minis:

vcoleiro1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2018, 09:24:38 am
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »
HollywoodTX - Baby Boba Fett wants one huh?  Word.    

Bender and Vcoleiro1 - You both got linked and mentioned in this clip about minis:

Hmmm, I knew I should have removed the, email me if you would like one message on some of my videos.

On a differnet note, you should consider monetizing your vid Lechuck, it's not massive money, but it will get you about $800 -$1000 per annum on the views your getting - enough to fund your next project  ;). You can choose what type of ads go on .

It's funny how most of my views are for the GBA cabs I made, doesn't seem to be any love for the micro mame4all cocktail and upright I built which are my best builds. Oh well, I guess the only reason the GBA cab vid got it's views was that it made it on engadget and all the other sites .  Just goes to show what a difference getting on those sites makes view wise.

I'm planning my next build which I have been saying for ages now, Ive got 2 more projects to build , both completely different , just need the motivation to start.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:24:28 pm by vcoleiro1 »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2012, 10:51:00 pm »
Yeah, doesn't look like I can monetize.  Apparently the video was claimed by whoever currently owns the copyright on the John Williams music. ---daisies---

Now nobody makes money off it except Google.  Google always wins

Your video is not eligible if it contains content that you didn't create or get permission from its creator to use. You need to be able to show written permission for the following video elements:

Audio: recorded music, live performances, cover songs, background music, etc.
    Visuals: images, logos, software, video game footage, etc.
    Any other content you don't own worldwide commercial usage rights to.

Examples of videos that are NOT eligible

Your video contains a song you purchased for personal use (e.g., bought on iTunes or in a store) but didn't obtain a commercial license.
    You found a video on the Internet and you cannot prove that it's in public domain.
    You are only singing words of your favorite copyrighted song
    You have used content from someone else without permission, but you haven't yet received a copyright notice on your video.
    You edit together or "mash-up" other works
    You only use 30 seconds of a song or video clip
    Your video does not provide proper attribution or credits as required by a license.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:55:10 pm by Le Chuck »

Well Fed Games

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2012, 01:07:21 pm »
Ha, just went to Revision 3 (as I often do when eating lunch)  and when I saw the mention of tiny arcade machines I knew what was up! Anthony Carboni calling your build the "god of all tiny arcade machines" is pretty high praise!   :cheers:
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

kahlid74

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2021, 12:42:56 pm
  • Gaming for a better future!
    • GamersAnon
« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »
Yeap, good stuff indeed.  Just saw it on Lifehacker and was like snap, that blew up!  Great job man!

stu33

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2017, 07:36:55 am
    • Cheese Is a Lifestyle
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2012, 08:11:08 am »
Saw it on one of the memebase sites this morning too.

http://senorgif.memebase.com/

Currently on page one.
http://cheeseisalifestyle.blogspot.com

Hey...don't judge me...everyone has a blog nowadays...

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2023, 01:46:12 pm
  • Can u guess what game this image is from?
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2012, 09:11:28 pm »
Saw u were online tonight, &, as I sometimes do when I see a member online, I checked your profile to see what u were doing & comment if interested (holy crap, I just realized what an arrogant jerk I am!, &, if anyone does it that way with me, I'll never get a message!). So I followed the links to your amazing micro Star Wars cab. By the times I'd quit oooing & ahhing u were back offline, but I still want to add my congrats & praise & general worship. I'm afraid I'd find that cab frustrating to play on, & it's not my kind of thing (but if I had one, u can bet I'd play the snot out of it), but I recognize greatness when I see it. Amazing. Inspiring. Keep doing such astounding work.
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2012, 06:46:41 am »
Wow man, you did a great job. I would have given up after a few tries.
This thing turned out great.
I can see a nomination for the '12 user choice awards.

Vidiot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 10:00:17 am
  • John 3:16
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2012, 12:17:43 pm »
Very cool build.

I saw someone made an animated gif from the video and put it on eBaumsworld in one of their gif galleries. Here's a link. It's number 11.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/82505068/

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2012, 02:17:44 pm »

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2012, 02:37:14 pm »
Word.  I liked that Kotaku article.  Soulless Luke was pretty witty.  Nice to see it's still making the rounds.  :cheers:

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »
Word.  I liked that Kotaku article.  Soulless Luke was pretty witty.  Nice to see it's still making the rounds.  :cheers:

Okay, okay, I give up. Once again, I'm going to demonstrate my stupidity. What does 'word' mean in this context? ???
"Godzilla is a warning. A warning to each and every one of us. When mankind falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born."
Professor Hayashida

Nephasth

« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2012, 07:39:54 pm »
To your mother.

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »
Professor Hayashida

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!

lcmgadgets

• Offline Offline
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2012, 08:37:43 pm »
Thank you! And, indeed, lol!
Professor Hayashida

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2012, 10:02:39 pm »