Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Revamping a IGT S+ Slot Machine with Big Lebowski theme-- Would love feedback.  (Read 3131 times)

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:26:06 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
I've got an IGT S+ Slot machine with Double Jackpot Haywire in it.  I've been unable to source the proper top glass, so it's got a Double Jackpot Haywire belly glass and a 5 times pay top glass.  I got the top glass vectorized, but it's going to be time consuming (and probably expensive due to trial and error) to color-match backlit material to the existing original belly glass.

So I decided to design my own glass instead -- going to completely revamp the machine using new glass and reels printed/produced by me.

Would love thoughts / feedback / suggestions..  EVERYTHING can be changed..

Top Glass

Belly Glass

Reel Symbols

Mock Up

Original Top Glass

Original Belly Glass

nipsmg

• Offline Offline
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Even though there wasnt' a huge response on this thread, I figured I'd post the completed design before I get it all printed and installed in the machine.

I made the following changes:

- Came up with a new "game name": Double Strike! -- (didn't love the double jackpot symbol and wanted something more related to the movie)
  - Removed the "time mirror" from the double bar symbol (it was too close in shape/size to the rug) and added the viking helmet.
  - Created a new jackpot symbol that integrated the game name, money, and "The Dude".
  - Brightened up the rug on the single bar, the original was too drab.

This is the final design -- need to find a glass shop to get the glass cut, then off to the printers.

nipsmg

• Offline Offline
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
And... I just noticed it still says "Double Jackpot" on the bottom right of the top glass and Symbols is spelled wrong -- patched those up as well.. :-/

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:35:40 pm
This is a neat little project.  The artwork looks good - it's busy but I think that is the point. 

I never thought of having a slot machine in the house!  Do you keep it filled with coins just in case?  Do your guests take home their winnings?

nipsmg

• Offline Offline
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
no it's just for fun with tokens.. no money -- it's still fun to play without the real gambling aspect of it.

The "busyness" is pretty on par for most slot glass -- they had to convey a lot of information in a small area:

Look at the "Original top Glass" image in the first post in this thread.. that's what the glass for the original game looks like.
 -- it's like 80% payout table -- I actually moved half of the payout table to the belly glass to "unclutter" the top glass.