Main > Software Forum

hwstretch

(1/1)

fullerlee:
Hi,

I've got hwstretch set to 1 in the mame.ini file for mame.exe (32 bit, non gui), but some games, such as streetfighter 2, appear really small in the centre of the screen. They seem ok if I use dmame, but I'd prefer to go with the 32bit version.

Is this a known thing that hwstretch won't work with all gfx cards? (my gfx card is a cheapo 32MB one, based on a SIS chipset I think)

Thanks,

Lee

u_rebelscum:

--- Quote ---Hi,

I've got hwstretch set to 1 in the mame.ini file for mame.exe (32 bit, non gui), but some games, such as streetfighter 2, appear really small in the centre of the screen. They seem ok if I use dmame, but I'd prefer to go with the 32bit version.

Is this a known thing that hwstretch won't work with all gfx cards? (my gfx card is a cheapo 32MB one, based on a SIS chipset I think)

Thanks,

Lee
--- End quote ---

It's known that not all video cards do hwstretching. :(  Maybe if you list what video chipset you have, someone can say if that one works or not.  (I only know my kyroII works, and hear that nvidia and ATi work.)

brandon:
I got an Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS and hwstretching works on it, but I was wondering if anybody knows how to disable the filtered "look".  It makes everything look fuzzy.  

fullerlee:
The chipset is SiS 300/305 Rev 90.

Anyone have experience with hwstretch on this chipset?

Thanks,

Lee

Howard_Casto:
That filtered look is being caused by your video card and how it stretches images.  Go into your video cards opengl/directX settings and turn off anti-ailasing.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version