Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Not arcade related just need some info, please help me.  (Read 989 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:26:13 am
Not arcade related just need some info, please help me.
« on: January 30, 2012, 11:20:27 am »
Thanks for reading, i have a credential size picture of my mother when she was young and she looks gorgeus, now i been thinking for a while that i want to make that picture into a 50 inch paint, now i got the guy whos got the right printer to use a canvas lile material. ive seen pictures printed in this kind of material and they look veri nice, so my main question is for all of you experts:
What do i need to do to the picture so i can upscale the picture and it dosnt look pixelated?
The picture its black and white and if i upscale the picture up to a 14 inch it looks just fine, but more then that size its starts to get pixelated. Thanks for any advice. And pardon my bad english.

wol-nz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2020, 02:42:44 am
  • Arcade!? - Never! - Really? - Yup!
Re: Not arcade related just need some info, please help me.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:02:15 pm »
That is one of the unfortunate side effects when 'up-scaling' a picture.
If the original picture or scan isn't 'of quality' then the picture will lose quality as you enlarge it. (can't do anything about that as the picture can't magically put more pixels or colour into a picture)

At best my opinion would be to place a soft blur over and see if that smooths the pixelated and jaggy edges.
My art is always free for you to download and modify as you see fit...
Why?... because I could never find any art I loved on the net. So I played around with Photoshop and wish to share it with the arcade community.