Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to remove roms that are same? merge?  (Read 2213 times)

Jim

• Trade Count: (0)
How to remove roms that are same? merge?
« on: June 08, 2002, 05:22:32 am »
Hi,
I have my cabinet running with Glaunch works great. But I noticed in my game list I have like say 1942..then 1942 JAP, then 1942US and 1942 World etc... you know. How can I have just one 1942 and delete the others? I tried Clmame program thing but it deleted some of the normal roms...maybe i did it wrong..but is there a way? please explain as it would make the cabinet ezier to use and look better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Mike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2005, 01:22:14 pm
  • Umm, yea about the TPS report
Re: How to remove roms that are same? merge?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 07:36:19 am »
You may not want to remove them. What your saying is that you want to remove clones. You can do this with rom center. You'll have to read the description because i always get confused with split merging. But what you need to do is get each clone file so it contains every file it needs so it doesn't need the parent file any more. Then just delete the clones you don't want anymore. The reason you don't want to just remove the clones is you'll loose games like pacman, since it's a clone of puckman.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »