Software Support > GroovyMAME

Trying to create monitor presets for KT-2914 (Betson-Kortek) MultiSync

(1/42) > >>

RetroACTIVE:
There are a couple of threads here on this particular monitor.  I would like to get the monitor presets done for it but its a little vague to me on how these records are determined.

I can gather the info from the manual [p.8] Looking at GroovyMAME monitor presets entries there is some overlap in each of these preset lines (as I am looking at the D9800 for reference).  I'm trying to figure out how the overlap is determined...

I've begun playing with GroovyMAME with my HD4890 using the D9800 as the monitor type and I'm not sure the D9800 monitor type setting works well enough.  It could be other things but what I find happening its that its not picking the correct resolution.  I used to run an ArcadeVGA setup and had most games working at their native resolutions so I'm pretty sure the monitor can handle most of what I need to throw at it.

Of course the difficulty I'm having could just be me getting my feet wet here ;)

Thanks for your help!
Jim

PS. GroovyMAME is cool  8)  BTW

Calamity:

--- Quote from: RetroACTIVE on January 23, 2012, 09:35:49 am ---It could be other things but what I find happening its that its not picking the correct resolution.  I used to run an ArcadeVGA setup and had most games working at their native resolutions so I'm pretty sure the monitor can handle most of what I need to throw at it.

--- End quote ---

But is the "correct resolution" actually available in your system? Just in case you didn't, check that the same monitor specs (or monitor type) are selected both in VMMaker and GroovyMAME. Unlike in Linux, Window's GroovyMAME can't create *new* resolutions on the fly, just modify the ones it finds in the system, so you need to create the basic list of resolutions before running GroovyMAME, by means of VMMaker, and that list will depend highly on the type of monitor you select.

Whatever. I'll help you produce those monitor specs, so this post can be used for reference in the future.

RetroACTIVE:
Thank you.

As far as correctness ... Yeah I get what you are saying.  With my old system I would tune each game to work "well enough".  All my horizontal CGA games used to work well enough and verticals were always a challenge to get them to work rotated to fit... but they worked well enough... there were always a couple that were problematic and I would default them to 640x480 or something reasonable.

I've ran VMMaker it seems like it defaults to 640x480 interlaced in the desktop and I get a blank screen when trying to run any game.

In all fairness I am probably doing something wrong.   I'm just getting acquainted with this.

I really appreciate the help with the monitor specs. :)

Calamity:
Just post here a log of a random game that produces a blank screen, by doing this:

groovymame.exe romname -v -md 4 >romname.txt

I'll have a look at it before we go any further. When you have your system up and running we'll start with the monitor specs.

RetroACTIVE:

--- Quote from: Calamity on January 23, 2012, 01:56:23 pm ---Just post here a log of a random game that produces a blank screen, by doing this:

groovymame.exe romname -v -md 4 >romname.txt

I'll have a look at it before we go any further. When you have your system up and running we'll start with the monitor specs.

--- End quote ---

Will do... I will have time this evening.

Thanks again
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version