Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Phoenix bartop  (Read 3265 times)

popsicle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2023, 11:07:15 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,104229.msg1102713.html#msg1102713
Phoenix bartop
« on: July 30, 2021, 08:42:20 pm »
Here's the companion piece to the Commando bartop (and the recent Magic Sword bartop). Customized the control panel artwork, and the side art to fit the shape.

All in all, I really like the art and color scheme of the Phoenix cabinet. The deep blues and greens combined with wood grain are really evocative of early 80's space themed arcade cabinets, tucked away in the smoky waiting rooms of restaurants, the lobby of the bank, along the walls of the noisy laundromat, or the entrance area to the drugstore. I fondly remember begging mom for a quarter to put into Phoenix at an IHOP on Pearl Road in Middleburg Heights, OH while waiting for our pancakes. Only then it was called 'The International House of Pancakes'. We had time to say the whole thing back then.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 12:07:52 am by popsicle »

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:00:11 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
Re: Phoenix bartop
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 05:10:24 am »
What a great build.

It had been soooo long since I had played it (prior to my MAME awakening a few years ago) that I had forgotten how wonderfully irritating the sound was!

I suppose it was hard to hear all of it over the deafening sound system in the Skate World roller rink in Orange, CT that I used to play it in ... how many years ago now...?!)

:lol
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 03:58:40 am »
I suppose it was hard to hear all of it over the deafening sound system in the Skate World roller rink in Orange, CT that I used to play it in ... how many years ago now...?!)
In incredible coincidences, you mean literally this one that makes an appearance on their facebook page?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 04:02:02 am by nexusmtz »

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 04:15:03 pm »
Good job! That's a great looking bartop. I had a special place in my heart for Phoenix. It was like a wild west version of Galaxian.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:00:11 pm
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 02:52:07 am »
In incredible coincidences, you mean literally this one that makes an appearance on their facebook page?

Holy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---...
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

nitrogen_widget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 12:09:34 pm »
This is cool.
I like phoenix.