Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help setting up X-Arcade trackball  (Read 7250 times)

mtballzack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Help setting up X-Arcade trackball
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:25:48 pm »
Hi - I am definitely not a computer expert (I'm an accountant) but I managed to get the MAME emulator from mamedev.org (0.144) up and running along with the Hyperspin front-end. I bought the X-Arcade tankstick (the one with the trackball) but can't get the trackball to work in games. The trackball controls the mouse on my computer so I know that is working and it also works with the different wheels (menus) in Hyperspin, but I can't get it to work in the games (like Golden Tee). When I open a game, Golden Tee for example, and hit tab to go to change the controls for that game, it's like it doesn't even recognize the trackball. Can someone help me please? I think I may have to set the trackball as the primary mouse on the computer or something? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Grimoz

• Offline Offline
Re: Help setting up X-Arcade trackball
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »
I have found that you have to set trackball up outside of Hyperspin because it wont save the settings, so just run mame by itself and setup the trackball and hopefully it should work. If the version of mame you are running is the MAMEUI version then you have to go into the settings in the frontend and set it up from there under the controls tab.

Spacedueler

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »
Open your mame.ini file, scroll down to
# INPUT DEVICE OPTIONS

see if mouse looks like this:
mouse                      0

if so change the zero to 1

Start Golden tee, hit tab, set your "Track Analog x" and "Track Analog Y"

If you don't have a mame.ini check here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=109559.0

mtballzack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:59 am »
Grimoz, thanks for trying to help.

Spacedueler - thanks bro! That's what I needed to do, I got it working by following the link you gave me and creating a mame.ini file and changing the mouse to 1.  Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Spacedueler

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:12:51 am »
Grimoz, thanks for trying to help.

Spacedueler - thanks bro! That's what I needed to do, I got it working by following the link you gave me and creating a mame.ini file and changing the mouse to 1.  Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Glad that got it working. I get stuck on this stuff all the time - this forum has helped me out countless times.

bfeur666

• Offline Offline
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »
Thank you SpaceDueler!!!  I was searching for the answer to the same queston myself all weekend.   I am using Mame32 v.109 if that helps anyone down the road

xrism

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 07:49:37 pm »
If you are using any MAMEUI, (MAMEPLUS, MAMEUI32, MAMEUI64 etc) all you have to do is
1. open MAMEUI.exe Options, Default game options or default system options (depending on which version) and check enable mouse input. Close
2. go into the Ini FOLDER thatís created after youíve setup mame copy ďmameĒ config file and paste it into the main Folder where the MAMUI.exe is located. Thatís it. You donít have to change name

You donít have to create new files or batch files or rewrite anything. Hyperspin wonít look into folders for .ini it will only look at root folder where MAMEUI.exe is located. Should work for all mamui.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31