Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lightgun (EMS) with Multiple Mice DISABLE  (Read 2035 times)

cybermat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 05, 2023, 08:27:39 am
Lightgun (EMS) with Multiple Mice DISABLE
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:31:59 pm »
Hello,
i know that you discussed this a lot of time but i want to be sure about this behaviour.

In the latest mame, the emulator see as lightguns all the mouses installed on pc. Fine. And you can decide to enable or disable the recognition of individual input from these peripherics with MULTIPLE MICE options.

With this option disabled, every mouse input is recognised as MOUSE without any suffix like MOUSE 1, MOUSE 2 and so on... So i can play with all the mouses i have using player 1.

Why if i have the EMS TOPGUN plugged (this should be a mouse...) this is recognised as LIGHTGUN 1 or 2 or 3 according to the number of mouses installed and the ID assigned by Windows at startup?

This is strange because for NATURAL mouses it works and the mouses are not enumerated during keys assigning....but for Lightgun not.

If i'm lucky the lightgun will be 1 and i will be able to play as player 1 in games like Point Blank...if i'm unlucky i will be Lightgun 3 and i won't play neither with player 2...

My expectations are that if mame "MIXES" mouses and guns , the gun should be seen as MOUSE , so no input difference.

Since Lightgun is seen as "GUN" device in mame, this should start from 1 according to the real lightguns installed on pc, also because we have MULTIPLE MICE, KEYBOARDS, AND DUAL LIGHTGUN options. If i disable these features i want that all the input from these devices should convoy into one unique device.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.