Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gottlieb Duotron - power up reset does not stop  (Read 4995 times)

ringram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2021, 05:25:37 pm
Gottlieb Duotron - power up reset does not stop
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:16:38 pm »
I have a Gottlieb Duotron, EM pinabll. Recently, when powering on, the rest motor on the bottom of the machine does not stop turning.

This did it before. I shut it off and didn't touch it for over a month. I tried it again, and it worked fine. Now, it's starting to do it again.

This is when I turn on the machine. Not when I press the start button on the front. It doesn't get that far.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: Gottlieb Duotron - power up reset does not stop
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:43:38 pm »
the machine it's self is not making reset..chk for a stuck switch
also on the lowner control board is a realy >reset< either press it in or pull it out,do this very easy,if the >game< control motor stop's then chk the contact's on that relay,if not there should be a plug beside that motor,that will allow u to shut the motor down and advance the :cam: 1 step at a time to find the bug,u will do this manual like..ie turn muanal the cam..
do not push th contact's on that asy.,
just turn it 1 step at a time

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:08:17 pm »
Check the zero position switch on the score reels.
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:38 pm »
Score motor constantly running is because something has not been fully reset. Typical would be the score reel switches, player unit, ball count unit, or bonus unit.

Be sure to read these guides:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

ringram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:59:30 pm »
Thanks Ken. I've already read over the second link a few times. The unit I'm talking about looks like it's the score motor. This won't stop spinning when I power it up.

I have checked the reset relay and the contacts. I have burnished the contacts and the appear to be good. I can trip the relay, and when I power up the unit, it resets. But, the motors keeps spinning.

I'm still going through the other units that you suggested, ball count, score, etc.

ringram

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 06:10:52 pm »
Got it to work. There was a dirty contact in the score motor.