Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sogeking Arcade *Updated 4/1/12* Wiring Done | Need some pro help!!!  (Read 9108 times)

bigmatty77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2013, 08:06:49 am
Re: Sogeking Arcade *Updated 3/18/12* CP art applied | Installing Controls
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2012, 06:54:01 pm »
Amazing artwork  :applaud: . You're a braver man than me not going with plexi though, after the time/effort thats gone into that, i'd be using bulletproof glass  :D Looking forward to seeing more of this build.

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »
Looks great my man!   Looks like the bondo worked out well for you as well.  Regarding not using plexi, I don't think you have anything to worry about there.   I've now made two different control panels.  On one I did use plexiglass, and I'm not sure if I would do it again.   It's cool, but for me I didn't think it was worth the extra work.  On the other CP I did not use plexiglass.  The super tough material they use at game on grafix is impressive, and I haven't had any problems with it in over 2 years.   So I wouldn't worry too much about scratching it.   

Amazing artwork  :applaud: . You're a braver man than me not going with plexi though, after the time/effort thats gone into that, i'd be using bulletproof glass  :D Looking forward to seeing more of this build.
It sounds like it'd be dangerous, but once you've felt the material they use, you'd feel a lot more comfortable going without plexi.

Turambar

• And I don't watch Fox news or use Happ joysticks.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2021, 11:10:13 pm
  • Owner of Wayback's Arcade
    • Wayback's Arcade
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 01:23:41 pm »
More progress:

I'm getting rid of all of the blue t-molding on the cab and going with orange instead to favor the art more.  I'm will not be using the blue buttons in the pics, either.  I am going to swap them with red ones.

jkdubb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2024, 11:28:50 am
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 04:24:41 pm »
I really like the artwork.  This with the orange t-mold will pop big time.  I am interested to see what the buttons look like red. (i kinda like the blue) :P  Can't wait to see it done. :)

PIZZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2013, 10:24:17 am
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »
This CP is killer! Nice work.

Turambar

• Offline Offline
    • Wayback's Arcade
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 12:28:15 am »
So I was browsing older posts, when I came across a thread trying to reintroduce crapmame to the BYOAC forums.  Who doesn't live in fear of seeing their cab on there?!  Anyway, I came across this tidbit from Donkbaca

I think we would all agree on simple pointers, like, no batting in the corners of your marquee so that there is no shadows in the corners

It got me thinking about my cab, because that is exactly how mine was currently designed.  I got new t-molding in, so I thought I would give the cab an extra coat of paint, install the t-molding, and take care of that problem as well.  Joystick lube comes in Monday, so I will have better shots, but here is what the cab looks like with the orange (pics taken with android phone):

Where I fixed the "batting" in the marquee area:

A couple of things to point out... First, I am waiting on buttons from paradise arcade to replace the blue ones with red ones and the white ones on the CP box with black ones.  I am using an IPac 4, so I didn't realize it had shift functionality when I first put the buttons in the side of my CP box almost 2.5 years ago.  I am going to go ahead and put in black ones... to be wired up for... something...

You probably caught that the CP box is missing its front in the pics.  I have the European style hinges that will hinge the CP to the box, but the forstner bit to sink them won't be here until Monday.  Also don't have the CP controls fully installed because I am waiting on joystick lube which will arrive Monday.

Turambar

• Offline Offline
    • Wayback's Arcade
Re: Sogeking Arcade *Updated 3/24/12* Small Cosmetic Update
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2012, 01:04:28 am »
So I got 99% of the wiring done.  I need a little help, though.  It all centers around the GGG Electric Ice-T.  First, like many people, I have had difficulty getting it to travel smoothly.  I have tried to shim it up a little bit with rubber washers, and still it seems to be a little rough.  There is no wood touching it on any side, and it is just mounted to the mounting plate.  If I tighten the bolts down... not even that tight... it doesn't want to move at all.  I have to keep them somewhat loose.  Any advice here would be great.

Secondly, the Electric Ice-T comes with an opti-wiz and some LED's to light the trackball.  I have the trackball hooked up to the opti-wiz with no problems.  Thus far, I have not been able to get the LED's to light up.  I just want the ball to glow red, so I am trying to hook it up to a 5v line off of the PSU.  Thus far, it is a no go.  I have my coin door lights running off of a 12v line from the same connector, so I know it is getting power.  The opti-wiz has an extra place for 5v... could it be hooked up there?  If so, where can I buy those 2 pin connectors?

Thanks for help... I am getting close.

Wiring pic:

Yenome

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 01:03:06 am
  • Punch a fish. Make a wish
Re: Sogeking Arcade *Updated 4/1/12* Wiring Done | Need some pro help!!!
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2012, 01:31:01 am »
the feature you have for your tv is called "power return" in most cases. My 27in panasonic has it. like you was i am scared to discharge my tv so it is sitting idle and not in my cab also the fact i would have to remove the buttons that control it once i get it decased. which shouldnt be a problem with channel memory (or what ever that feature is called). do you have any pics of the tv before you decased it or the model # for it. also any tips for a fellow scaredy cat discharging a tv for the first time.
My Gf made me put a sig up. /whipped

Newgeta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2016, 10:54:08 am
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2012, 05:40:07 pm »
ball-uhr cabbie, nice art!
I dig the color scheme!

bigbuffs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2020, 03:59:27 pm
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2012, 01:11:51 am »
I'm not real familiar with the elec ice trackball but I have an optiwiz and you should be able to hook right up to the 5v line and the ground running right off of that. The trackball should have at least 4 wires running off of it for the LEDs. One for ground and then one for power to each color led (red green and blue). So if you want it to be red just hook up the red led wire to 5v and the ground and leave the other two wires unhooked. Try that and let me know.if it works. I actually ordered a pile of those pins connectors but can't remember where I got them from but I will try to find my receipt.

Turambar

• Offline Offline
    • Wayback's Arcade
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2012, 12:46:37 am »
Gonna sit and answer a couple of questions asked here, but I wanted to show that the cabinet is now playable.

Of course the week I finish my cab the hyperspin forums are down (I even payed the 25 a few months ago).  I've managed to get most of my mame stuff fixed, but I am having trouble with naomi stuff.  Hopefully Hyperspin will be back soon.  Even though I am having trouble with Demul, the completed Naomi wheel in hyperspin is beautiful.