Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bay Area Amusements packing prowess  (Read 2515 times)

smartbomb2084

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2021, 03:14:53 pm
  • Having a SMART phone will make you DUMB.
Bay Area Amusements packing prowess
« on: December 27, 2011, 07:13:32 pm »
Lets see... working on a pretty rough Demolition Man...  actually it probably was a nice game before it sat in an unheated storage unit subjected to the elements for the last 6 years...

Place an order with Bay Area Amusements because they have some game specific parts in stock that no one else has. Particularly the two special bumper caps at $5.75 each and a Cryoclaw arm  plastic.... so I get some other things it needs like star posts and lane guides at $1.50 each and new updated flipper opto interrupters...

And this is how they pack it.. all in one bag so my nice new shiny bumper caps and lane guides get ground up to a pulp...  Why?

Well Fed Games

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 07:30:46 pm
  • Delicious!
Re: Bay Area Amusements packing prowess
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:27:40 pm »
Seems inexcusable to me, time for a talk with customer service....
Completed projects: Pac bartop (Plug & Play), 30th Anniversary Pac cab (MAME), Point Blank (PS1), Centipede (arcade hardware- light restore), VS. Super Mario Bros (arcade hardware- light restore) Tetris Cocktail (SNES), Arcade Classics upright (60-in-1, then MAME), Multi-Raiden (arcade hardware). Pac Man vs.(Gamecube),

Working on: Pinball Re-theme, Homebrew arcade arena shooter

jrivelli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 05:49:28 pm
  • When you want success as bad as you want to breath
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 02:48:57 pm »
That site is super awful as well. Gave me a headache trying to navigate my way through it
Current games:
- Data East Star Wars Pinball
- High Speed Pinball
- Pool Sharks Pinball
- Big Guns Pinball
- Fire! Pinball
- Simpsons 4 Player Arcade
- Mortal Kombat I

Pinball Wizard

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 03:47:13 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:46:10 pm »
Try reading emails written from him. I had to deal with him a lot back in late spring early summer this year, and learned quickly to email during the day or not at all if you wanted a semi-decent response that you could grasp. Even during the day it was hard to read but nighttime I couldn't even translate it to something coherent.
Where's my gold star :P

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:32:23 pm »
That site is super awful as well. Gave me a headache trying to navigate my way through it

I know the guy that designed it... and he told me he wasn't supposed to tell anyone that he was the designer per some agreement.... I deserve a self-restraint gold medal for not saying, "why would you want anyone to know?"

Care to share?   ;D

;D
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

jrivelli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2012, 05:49:28 pm
  • When you want success as bad as you want to breath
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:59:00 pm »
ha! Total fail! :laugh2:
Current games:
- Data East Star Wars Pinball
- High Speed Pinball
- Pool Sharks Pinball
- Big Guns Pinball
- Fire! Pinball
- Simpsons 4 Player Arcade
- Mortal Kombat I

Pinball Wizard

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 04, 2021, 03:47:13 pm
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »
Try reading emails written from him. I had to deal with him a lot back in late spring early summer this year, and learned quickly to email during the day or not at all if you wanted a semi-decent response that you could grasp. Even during the day it was hard to read but nighttime I couldn't even translate it to something coherent.

Care to share?   ;D

I would love to share, but legally I can't delve into specifics. Let's just say that the later in the day the answer the less coherent it is. And getting a straight answer for copyright takes forever IF you can even get an actual answer.
Where's my gold star :P