Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Skill Crane  (Read 12471 times)

BusyChild04

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2012, 10:04:22 pm
Re: New Skill Crane
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »
I have two main boards with dipswitches. One is already installed. Gonna try installing the spare one after I run the tests

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2012, 07:10:58 pm »
Ah... gotcha.
Let us know how it goes and what the switch tests do.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

BusyChild04

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2012, 10:04:22 pm
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 01:11:05 am »
After a busy schedule Spring Break has finally arrived. I went ahead and did all the tests. Results: No change. It's doing the same thing. Now that I have a whole week off I'm going to try to fix it now that I have time. Where do I start? no clue.

Metalman1661

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2019, 01:07:02 pm
  • I have experience with building MAME cabinets.
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:32 am »
Just for future reference did you ever fix this problem BusyChild04?

BeTheClaw.com

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2013, 03:31:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 10:15:24 am »
Have you tried replacing the board with the relays, or just the main, larger board? I have the same problem. I have a 2-button (forward / right) Grayhound, and from time to time, the gantry returns home, but the claw stays in the same position as where it was dropped. When the gantry returns home, the claw stays closed until I manually move it to all the way to the left. I'm guessing it may be a relay... or a wiring issue, but I don't really see any loose wires that may cause this. It doesn't always do this... I can play for a while with no problems. If you figure it out, I'd love to know what your issue was. I'd be curious to know if replacing the relay board takes care of the issue. I plan to replace all 3 boards with a single one from a newer crane... hopefully would make troubleshooting a little easier.